Event code: 79062
Conferred by the University of Florida
Tremendous growth in the international construction market has created opportunities for companies to engage in businesses across the international frontiers. With increasing complexities and demands for higher construction productivity, an effective management of construction resources must be integrated with technology, people and processes. This Master of International Construction Management with major in Construction Productivity degree is designed to enable working professionals to expand their skills in managing construction projects in international market, and develop competencies in the latest construction productivity methodologies. The program is intended for the working professionals who are making vital decisions about the businesses and have potential be future leaders that will bring the built environment sector to a higher level of excellence.
Commencement Date: August 2019
Duration of Program: 2 years (Part-time)
Total Program Fee: USD$22,110
SkillsFuture Study Award* of up to S$5,000 is available to eligible candidates. For more details, visit:
SkillsFuture Study Award: www.skillsfuture.sg/studyawards/built-environment.html
*Terms and conditions apply
WORKFORCE TRAINING AND UPGRADING (WTU) FUNDING
Eligible candidates may apply for Workforce Training and Upgrading (WTU) funding of up to S$14,025
for studying in this program. The general conditions tied to WTU funding are as follows:
• The candidate’s company must be in the construction sector
• The candidate must be a Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident
• The candidate must achieve a minimum class attendance of 75%
• The candidate must successfully complete all assessments in the program
For more information on the WTU scheme, please visit: (http://www.bca.gov.sg/manpower/wtu.html).
Successful applicants can apply for the funding through BCAA.
WHY STUDY WITH US
• SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE IN CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT AND PRODUCTIVITY
Good construction management must vigorously pursue the efficient utilization of resources with integration of technology, process and people. This program provides a specialized curriculum that embodies key aspects of construction management and productivity methodologies or concepts such as Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), Building Information Modelling (BIM), Lean Construction and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DfMA).
• OUTSTANDING CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM OFFERED BY A TOP TIER UNIVERSITY
Being one of the top-ranked universities with renowned fields in education and research, University of Florida’s construction management program is recognized as an outstanding program by the Associated General Contractors Education and Research Foundation. Its Rinker School of Construction Management is the first school to receive accreditation from the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE) and is also the longest running school of construction in the US.
• BLENDED LEARNING
The postgraduate program is specially designed for professionals in the built environment industry in the form of blended learning modes of face-to-face classes, video-conferencing and online learning. This provides flexibility towards fulfilling students’ schedules and needs.
WHAT YOU WILL STUDY
The program consists of 12 Modules as follows:
• Advanced Planning, Scheduling, & Logistics
• BIM Coordination and VDC
• Commercial Management and Cost Control
• Construction Communications & Research
• Construction Productivity and Methods Improvement
• Construction Value Management
• Manufactured Construction Process
• Introduction to Planning Information Systems
• Construction Human Resource Management
• Introduction Seminar
• Lean for Construction
• Construction Research
To be eligible for admission to the program, the candidate must have:
• An undergraduate degree.
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience for applicants with a relevant undergraduate degree (construction management, architecture/architectural, civil and mechanical engineering degrees),
or 5 years of relevant work experience for applicants with other undergraduate degrees.
• Acceptable GRE scores (verbal and quantitative) of at least 300.
- The University reserves its prerogative to review and consider accepting students who do not meet the minimum GRE scores on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants to fulfill the GRE requirement by 15 Apr 2019.
• Applicants who graduated with their undergraduate degree from countries where English is not the official language must meet the requirement of the English proficiency test before 15 Apr 2019. Applicants are also exempted from the English proficiency requirement if enrolled for one academic year in a degree seeking program at a recognized/regionally accredited university or college in a country where English is the official language prior to their anticipated term of enrolment at UF.
MODE OF DELIVERY
All face-to-face and video-conferencing sessions will be conducted at the
BCA Academy, Singapore. These sessions will mostly be held during the evenings on weekdays, with a few intensive block-teaching conducted during daytime on Fridays and Saturdays. Some modules are offered online. UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, USA
Established since 1853, University of Florida (UF) is the 4th largest university in USA in terms of enrolment. Its 46,000 students come from all 50 states of USA and more than 100 countries around the world. The 2,000 acre campus has more than 900 buildings, which attract some 4,000 distinguished faculties with more than US$400 million in sponsored research funding. The university comprises 17 colleges with more than 100 research, service and education centres, bureaus and institutes. UF currently offers 100 undergraduate degree programs, more than 200 graduate programs and 30 combined-degree programs.
The M.E Rinker, Sr School of Construction Management is US’s oldest construction management program at the university level, founded in 1935 as a degree program in architecture. In 1948 the Master’s degree program was created as the first in the US. In 1976, the program evolved into status of a School. Today, the original building construction curriculum has evolved from a variation of architecture to a full-fledged academic discipline with a strong emphasis on construction management. APPLICATION
The application for the program is a 2-stage process and both stages are compulsory. Stage 1
Interested applicant shall submit an online application and a non-refundable Application
Fee of S$45 (inclusive of GST) to BCAA. After your submission, you will receive an
email with the payment instruction within 3 days. Stage 1 application will close on 15 Feb 2019.
For Stage 1 application, please complete and submit an online form on http://tinyurl.com/yc9tmx8v Stage 2
Successful applicants for Stage 1 will be notified. BCAA will then guide the applicants onthe Stage 2 application to UF. A non-refundable Application Fee of USD $37 (inclusive of convenience fee) will be payable to UF. The Stage 2 application will close on 15 Mar 2019.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Academic Consultant: Mr Loo Kian Wei, Tel: 6730 4427,
Admission Advisor: Ms Saraswathy, Tel: 62489968,