Event code: 79014
Land-scarce Singapore has historically looked to build both upward with taller buildings and outward by reclaiming land from sea. However, another area that Singapore could do more with, is its underground space. The underground space holds possibilities for creating additional subterranean transport hubs, pedestrian links, cycling lanes, utility plants, storage and research facilities, industrial uses, shopping areas and other public spaces.
Developing competency in the area of underground construction is critical to realizing such subterranean construction projects.
The Specialist Diploma in Underground Construction aims to equip Contractors and Consultants at the supervisory level with the knowledge in geotechnical design concepts, considerations and construction techniques so as to support increasingly complex and challenging underground construction projects.
• Fundamental: Engineering Geology, Soil Mechanics and Rock Mechanics*
• Geotechnical Investigation and Monitoring
• Definition of Underground Development and Evolution of Underground Development
• Potential in Underground Space Usage
• Rules and Regulation of Underground Development
• Health and Safety Considerations in Underground Space Usage Design
• Underground Construction Design
• Ground Improvement, Lining and Water Proofing Systems
• Construction Techniques for Building Basement
• Construction Techniques for Tunnel and Cavern
• Health and Safety Management in Underground Construction Project
• Ventilation and Lighting of Underground
• Technologies for Effective Asset Management and Maintenance
• Building Information Model
• Underground City I: Oversea Case Studies
• Underground City II: Singapore
* Holders of Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering will be exempted from this subject
2nd Run: Starting on 2 Aug 2018
(REGISTRATION CLOSING: 20 Jul 2018)
Duration: Approximately 1 Year including term break
Frequency: 2 evenings per week
(except for some courses which may be held on Saturdays)
Venue: BCA Academy
Fees (incl. GST) : S$6,000
NOTE: Funding/subsidies from Funding Agencies is available for Jul/Aug 2018 Intake.
Download Brochure & Application Form
For enquiries, please call 6248 9999 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org