Global concerns on environmental issues have resulted in a global movement towards sustainable environment and green buildings. Expertise and technical skills on the efficient and effective use of resources are required from facilities managers.
The Diploma in Facilities Management will teach a wide range of technical functional subjects from event planning and marketing and technical facilities management through to business continuity and green building technology. Programme Objectives
The programme aims to equip students with the fundamental knowledge and specialised skills necessary to:
- Formulate and implement strategic facilities management and maintenance policies to achieve efficient resource utilisation;
- Create an environment that meets human physiological needs;
- Formulate and implement practives to achieve high level of environmental sustainability
- Plan, manage and market events; and
- Apply management and financial know-how of business to the industry.
Students will undergo industrial attachment programme to put their skills into practice and gain experience before graduation. Career Prospects
Graduates will be able to perform the following job roles:
- Assistant Facilities Manager
- Event Organiser
- Associate Energy Manager
- Site Supervisor
- Technical Specialist
Graduates of this programme will have an edge over other event organisers, as they will be equipped with the added technical knowledge of the operations and maintenance of building facilities.
3 GCE 'O' Levels
a) English Language - Grade 1 to 7;
b) Mathematics - Grade 1 to 6; and
c) A relevant subject - Grade 1 to 6; or
ITE Higher NITEC or GCE 'N' Levels and NITEC with a minimum GPA of 2.75 in a relevant discipline.
Those who have attempted the GCE 'O' Levels but do not meet the specified grade in English or Mathematics, may take an English or Mathematics test conducted by BCA Academy to enable the Academy to assess their enrolment eligibility.
Candidates with other academic qualifications and experiences may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
|DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES ||FEES (per academic year inclusive of GST) |
| ||Singapore Citizen ||Singapore Permanent Resident ||International Student |
|Architecture (Technology) ||S$4,600 ||S$7,300 ||S$10,700 |
|Construction Engineering ||S$3,100 ||S$5,800 ||S$10,700 |
|Design (Interior & Landscape) ||S$4,400 ||S$7,100 ||S$10,700 |
|Digital Engineering ||S$3,100 ||S$5,800 ||S$10,700 |
|Electrical Engineering & Clean Energy ||S$3,100 ||S$5,800 ||S$10,700 |
|Facilities Management ||S$3,100 ||S$5,800 ||S$10,700 |
|Mechanical Engineering |
(Green Building Technology)
|S$3,100 ||S$5,800 ||S$10,700 |
|Quantity Surveying ||S$3,100 ||S$5,800 ||S$10,700 |
All new intake students are required to own a notebook with the following recommended specification and software:
Additional Qualifications Awarded
- Intel Core i5-2300 quad core processor (2.8GHz, 6MB cache) or better, OR equivalent of AMD processor
- 8 GB RAM or more
- 500 GB free HDD space
- DirectX® 11 capable graphics card with Shader Model 3
- Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium edition or higher; Windows 8 or 8.1 64-bit or higher
- Anti-virus software
Upon successful completion of the programme, graduates will also be awarded the following additional qualifications:
- Singapore Certified Energy Manager (Associate)
- Certificate of Successful Completion in Fire Safety Manager Course
- Certificate of Successful Completion in Internal Audit (QEHS) on Quality ISO9001, Environmental 14001 & Health & Safety OHSAS 18001
View Admission Details
Download Diploma Prospectus