As we move towards a knowledge-based economy, the industry must restructure itself to ensure that those who work on the construction sites are highly productive, safe and have high standards. These high standards will translate to a stronger demand for knowledge-based skilled workforce in the near future, making the Diploma in Construction Engineering a premium qualification for those aspiring to be successful builders in this new millennium.
The Diploma in Construction Engineering provides graduates with a head-start for their career in the construction industry. This qualification is acceptable for registration as a Resident Technical Officer under the Building Control Act. Programme Objectives
The Diploma in Construction Engineering programme aims to equip students with the skills and knowledge to:
- keep abreast of the current construction technologies in the industry;
- perform and supervise construction works on site effectively;
- plan and schedule construction works effectively to achieve high productivity and minimise delay;
- perform designs for steel, reinforced concrete, precast and prestressed concrete structures;
- manage the safety aspects of construction; and
- apply supervisory, mangerial and financial know-how for business.
Graduates can look forward to a fulfilling career as knowledge-based Resident Technical Officers, specialist supervisors or sub-contractors who possess the appropriate practical skills and technical knowledge needed to supervise construction workers directly in the new economy. Graduates will be able to perform the following job roles:
- Resident Technical Officer
- Assistant Project Engineer
- Assistant Design Engineer
- Site Engineer
- Sales Executive
3 GCE 'O' Levels
a) English Language (EL1) - Grade 1 to 7;
b) Mathematics Grade - 1 to 6; and
c) Any relevant subject - Grade 1 to 6; or
ITE Higher NITEC or GCE 'N' Levels and NITEC with a minimum GPA of 2.75 in a relevant discipline.
Students who have attempted GCE 'O' Levels but do not meet the specified grade in English or Mathematics may apply to BCA Academy to take an English or Mathematics test for the Academy to assess their eligibility for admission.
Candidates with other academic qualifications and related experiences may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
Graduates of this programme will be in a unique position to leverage on use of advance 3D technology to support the building industry.
|DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES ||FEES (per academic year inclusive of GST) |
| ||Singapore Citizen ||Singapore Permanent Resident ||International Student |
|Architecture (Technology) ||S$4,600 ||S$7,300 ||S$10,700 |
|Construction Engineering |
|S$3,100 ||S$5,800 ||S$10,700 |
|Design (Interior & Landscape) ||S$4,400 ||S$7,100 ||S$10,700 |
|Digital Engineering ||S$3,100 ||S$5,800 ||S$10,700 |
|Electrical Engineering & Clean Energy ||S$3,100 ||S$5,800 ||S$10,700 |
|Facilities Management ||S$3,100 ||S$5,800 ||S$10,700 |
|Mechanical Engineering |
(Green Building Technology)
|S$3,100 ||S$5,800 ||S$10,700 |
|Quantity Surveying ||S$3,100 ||S$5,800 ||S$10,700 |
Students who are eligible for Mendaki’s Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy are encouraged to apply for the subsidy via https://www.mendaki.org.sg/mendaki/programmes/educational-assistance/tertiary-tuition-fee-subsidy-ttfs
Recommended Specifications for Computer
- Intel Core i5-2300 quad core processor (2.8GHz, 6MB cache) or better, OR equivalent of AMD processor
- 8 GB RAM or more
- 500 GB free HDD space
- DirectX® 11 capable graphics card with Shader Model 3
- Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium edition or higher; Windows 8 or 8.1 64-bit or higher
- Anti-virus software
Additional Qualifications Awarded
Upon successful completion of the programme, graduate will also be awarded the following additional qualification:
- Certificate of Successful Completion in Internal Audit (QEHS) on Quality ISO9001, Environmental 14001 & Health OHSAS 18001
View Admission Details
Download Diploma Prospectus