Event code: 71003
Certification Course on Levelling and Setting Out
Levelling and Setting Out are important skills expected of a construction supervisor in any building or civil engineering project. While a qualified land surveyor is normally engaged to mark out the reference lines, a construction supervisor often needs to transfer levels from a given benchmark and establish level pegs and profile board. He needs the skills and knowledge to interpret surveying and topographical plans and has to be familiar with various types of leveling and setting out equipment such as laser level and theodolites.
Today, the building and civil engineering works are increasingly complex. A competent construction supervisor should possess the necessary skills to plan, organise, and set control points and benchmark for other trades. He must update himself to be familiar with various Acts and Local Regulations pertaining to surveying works and to keep abreast with the changes.
This course will enhance participants’ competencies in carrying proper leveling and setting-out work. Graduates with this value-added technical knowledge can move into higher supervisory or management related positions. It opens up opportunities for those who wish to switch career as surveyors or technical specialists in surveying, civil engineering, building, construction, sewerage/drainage or piling firms.
This course aims to develop the skills and knowledge of participants to:
• Use the various types of leveling and setting out equipment;
• Interpret survey and topographical plans;
• Plan, organize, and carry out work safely;
• Perform levelling and setting out in civil, building, sewerage/drainage, and piling and external works independently;
• Log and compute surveying data
MODULE 1 - Introduction to Levelling and Setting-Out
• Types of levelling and setting out equipment
• Use of computer in Surveyor’s office and office work flow chart
• Interpretation of survey and topographical plans
• Procedures in setting out drawings and ‘pre-comp’ plans
• Acts and local regulations related to construction works
• Safety supervision at work site and visit to registered Surveyor’s office
MODULE 2 - Principles & Applications in Levelling
• Principles of levelling
• Procedures of levelling
• Verticality survey
• Applied levelling in Civil works (sub-structure)
• Applied levelling in Building works (superstructure)
• Applied levelling in sewerage/drainage works
MODULE 3 - Principles & Applications in Setting-out
• Principles of setting out
• Procedures for setting out works
• Basic linear measurement and detail survey
• Basic survey computation
• Application of setting out (civil works, building works, piling & external works)
The applicant must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident or holder of valid employment pass/work permit and possess one of the
following recognised qualifications:
a) 2 GCE ‘O’ levels in English (Grade 1 to 8) and Mathematics (Grade 1 to 8); or
b) 2 GCE ‘N’ levels in English (Grade 1 to 5) and Mathematics (Grade 1 to 5); or
c) Builder Certificate; or
d) Construction Trade Foremen Certificate; or
e) Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5.
ASSESSMENT & AWARD
Participant must attain at least 75% of attendance to be eligible to take the end-of-course examination. Those who passed the examination will be awarded Certificate in Levelling and Setting Out.
Site supervisor, resident technical officers, site foremen and other related construction personnel who are keen to pick up skills in levelling and setting out.
Date: Starting in Mar 2017
Duration: 3 months (129 hours)
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm (Weekday)
8.30am to 5.30pm (Saturday)
Frequency: 2 to 3 times a week
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST):
S$3,400.00 (without Subsidy)
S$1,207.00 (with SDF Subsidy*)
S$540.19 (with Enhance Funding for SME*)
S$540.19 (with Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy for self-sponsored applicant#)
*Skills Development Fund (SDF) is available for this course. T & C applys
Download Brochure & Application Form
To check the status of your course applications, please log into the Customer Self Service Portal (CSSP) at www.bcaa.edu.sg/self_help_portal/selfhelp/login.aspx.
If you need assistance on using the CSSP, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com • www.bcaa.edu.sg