Event code: 79090FT
The Fire Safety Management (FSM) scheme was given wide publicity since 1989. Together with the passing of the Fire Safety Act 1993 and the Fire Safety (Fire Safety Manager) Regulations 1994, it has become mandatory for owners of designated buildings to appoint Fire Safety Manager. The amended FSM regulations, gazetted on 13 Apr 2007, aims to make further improvements to the FSM scheme to enhance the fire safety standard within buildings. This course prepares potential Fire Safety Manager for such varied roles and functions include being able to interpret the Fire Safety Act and Regulations among others.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
a) Explain the provisions of the Fire Safety Act and Regulations in Singapore
b) Describe the fundamentals and principles of fire safety design
c) Acquire knowledge on fire protection system and fire-fighting facilities
d) Understand the roles and responsibilities of Fire Safety Manager
• Basic Fire Science
• Formulation of Emergency Response Plan
• Fire Safety Act & Regulations
• Fire Safety Manager Scheme
• Fire Safety Committee
• Emergency Response Plan
• Evacuation Planning
• Automatic Fire Extinguishing Systems
• Enforcement Procedures
• Fire Extinguisher Theory
• Storage of Fire Hazardous Materials
• Company Emergency Response Team
• CERT Audit Requirements
• Fire Detection & Alarm Systems
• Smoke Control Systems
• Objectives of Fire Safety Design & Tactics
• Means of Escape
• Emergency Voice Communication Systems
• Fire Command Centre
• Incident Management
• Table-top Exercise
• Structural Fire Precautions
• FSM Annual Reports
• Arson Prevention Plan
• Maintenance of Fire Fighting & Protection Systems
• Building Inspection & Testing
MR AZMI BIN ADAM is a retired major from the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) with 36 years of work experience. Prior to his retirement, he was the Head of Fire Safety & Investigation Branch in Civil Defence Academy (CDA), SCDF. He was pivotal in the drafting of the Fire Safety Act and its enactment in 1993 and played an active role in its review in 2013. Mr Azmi obtained his Diploma in Business Administration in 1990 and possessed the following certification, namely: Fire Safety Manager Course (Distinction), Institution of Fire Engineers (UK) (IFE) Level 4 National Diploma Examination (NDE) in 1999. Mr Azmi was elected and served as the President of the IFE (Singapore) and is a fellow member of the IFE (UK).
MR LOH ENG CHOON has more than 20 years of experience in operational and policy work in the SCDF. In the area of fire safety and enforcement, he was responsible for formulating policy to introduce good practices in fire safety and enforcement in Singapore. He was instrumental in the establishment of the Fire Safety Manager Scheme, Company Emergency Response Team Scheme, Licensing of Petroleum and Flammable Materials, Jurong Island contingency planning, and audit of high-risk installations. Eng Choon holds a BSc (Chemistry) from the NUS and is a fellow of the IFE and Council Member in the Association.
The course is relevant for all persons whose trade or occupation requires or includes fire safety activities, fire prevention measures and firefighting facilities in order to perform the role of Fire Safety Manager.
Applications should be accompanied by copies of at least 1 of the minimum entry requirements stated on SCDF website, please refer to www.scdf.gov.sg or click HERE. Successful applicants are required to bring their original certificates for verification during registration.
BCA Academy is an Accredited Training Institution of the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF). The Fire Safety Manager Certificate issued by BCA Academy is recognised by the SCDF for the Fire Safety Manager. Participants who meet at least 80% attendance and successfully pass all assessments will be awarded the Fire Safety Manager Certificate.
Next Schedule: Please log into OSF for details
10 - 14 Feb 2020
9.00am to 6.00pm
Site Visit: 17 Feb 2020
9.00am to 12.00pm
e-Submission of Course Project: 11 Mar 2020
3.00pm to 5.00pm
11 Mar 2020
6.00pm to 9.00pm
200 Braddell Road Singapore 579700
$1,400* (Incl. of GST)
*Skills Development Fund (SDF) funding is available for this course. To enjoy the SDF funding, companies are required to apply through SSG’s SkillsConnect system @ www.skillsconnect.gov.sg (terms and conditions may apply).
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
Download Brochure Here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com •
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 16) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 17) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.