Event code 79081
Gas pipelines play an integral support role in the transmission of power. Similarly, electricity cables serve as an important link in supplying reliable transmission and quality power to consumers. Hence, adhering to good practices in cable and gas pipe damage prevention during earthwork, is critical to prevention of disruption to power supply, potential financial loss and delay in project delivery.
The Registered Earthworks Supervisor course aims to provide an overview of the relevant earthworks legislation and code of practice relating to construction earthworks carried out in the vicinity of the electricity cables/ gas pipes. Participants will learn about the key requirements of the relevant legislation, control measures and good practices to prevent damage to the underground cables, gas pipes and services. Case studies will also be discussed.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the statutory requirements and legislation for earthworks of electricity cables under the Electricity Act (Cap 89A), Gas Act (Cap 116A) and Singapore Standard SS 576:2012 – Earthworks in the vicinity of Electricity Cables
• Plan, prepare and manage earthwork activities safely to prevent damage to electricity cables
• Supervise all earthworks and to communicate effectively with site personnel in the course of earthwork activities
• Overview of Electricity Act (Cap 89A) & Gas Act (Cap 116A)
• Introduction to underground electricity cables, gas pipes and services
• Safe Work Procedures on cable/ gas pipe damage prevention
• SP PowerGrid’s requirements for earthworks
• Registered Earthworks Supervisor Requirements in SS576:2012
• Supervisory skills in the prevention of damage to electricity cables/ gas pipes
• Case study
A Certificate of Successful Completion (CSC) for the course will be issued to participants who:
• Achieve at least 75% class attendance; and
• Pass the assessment.
A Statement of Attendance will be issued to participants who meet the attendance requirement but fail to pass, or did not attempt the assessment. Participant is allowed for 1 re-sit after failing first attempt.
Participant has to re-take the full course if he/she fails the re-sit.
This course is targeted at any person whose trade or occupation requires or includes the supervision of earthworks.
Applicants must have the proficiency in English Language to read and write.
48th Run: 26 & 29 Apr 2019
Duration: 2 days
Day class: 8.30am to 5.15pm
Venue: BCA Academy, 200 Braddell Road, Singapore 579700
Fee (incl of GST): S$500.00*
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
*You may be eligible for funding from Employment and Employability Institute (e2i).
The nett fee after grant deduction is S$368.75
Eligibility for funding: (i) Singaporean (ii) Meet attendance requirement and pass the course.
Payment of S$500.00 shall be made in full.
Funding grant amount shall be refunded to successful applicants after successful completion of the course.
If you would like to be considered for e2i grant, please fill in the grant application form accessible from the Online Storefront.
Funding is subject to terms and conditions of e2i and BCA Academy.
IES-ACES: Pending (Structural)
To register, please log into our Online StoreFront (OSF) at
and search for course code 79081
Download brochure here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.