Event code: 78092
Understanding Building Control Regulations – Safe Structural Design
In a densely built-up area like Singapore, special attention should be paid to ensure construction works are designed and carried out safely. It is important for the stakeholders of the industry to comply with regulations and follow good practices while performing construction works.
The course aims to equip the participant with the knowledge on:
• the submissions requirement of superstructures, substructures and earth retaining system
• good practices in supervision of superstructures, substructures and earth retaining system
• the design aspects of steel structure and earth retaining works
i) Procedures on structural submissions, submission guidelines, approval permit
ii) Good practices in supervision, shortcomings and common non-compliance.
• Substructures/ earth retaining system for excavation works
i) Procedures on structural submissions
ii) Good practices in supervision, potential problems and common non-compliance, sequences
• Design and construction of steel structures aspects
• Learning from Past Structural Failures
• Control & monitoring measures to safeguard adjacent properties
This course will be conducted by experienced officers from the Building Engineering (BE) of Building and Construction Authority.
C&S engineers and contractors who are new to the local industry or wish to refresh their knowledge / familiarise with local requirements.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
3rd Run: To be confirmed
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$380.00
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Download brochure & application form
To check the status of your course applications, please log into the Customer Self Service Portal (CSSP) at www.bcaa.edu.sg/self_help_portal/selfhelp/login.aspx. If you need assistance on using the CSSP, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com • www.bcaa.edu.sg