Event code: 71929
Building envelopes play an important role in determining how energy efficient a building can be. At the end of the course, participants will have a better understanding of the performance aspects of modern façade systems. Special focus will be placed on the application of innovative daylighting systems while minimising glare and solar heat from daylight. The course will also cover the concept of ETTV / RETV and discuss strategies to reduce the value.
• The Importance of Building Envelope
- Impact on Heat Load
- Impact on Occupant Comfort
- Impact on Environment
• Function and design of Building Envelope
- Building Skin as a Responsive Skin
- Sustainable Design Consideration
- Façade Systems and Materials
• Efficient Building Envelope Design
- Heat Transfer Fundamentals
- ETTV and RETV Equations
- Strategies to Lower ETTV and RETV
- Types of Walls, Fenestrations, Glass and Shading Devices Impact from Geometry and Location
- Benefits and Issues
- Maximising Daylight in Interior
- Minimise Glare and Heat from Daylight
• Design to Innovative Facade
- Energy Saving, Water Saving, Indoor Environment Quality and other Environmental
This course is conducted by an experienced green practitioner from the industry.
Professionals who need to recommend or implement high performance façade systems for green building projects.
ASSESSMENT AND AWARD
This course is assessment-based. A Certificate of Successful Completion (CSC) will be issued to participants who :
i. Achieve at least 75% class attendance; and
ii. Pass all the assessment(s)
19th Run: To be confirmed
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$690
Refreshments will be provided.
PEB - Pending
BOA-SIA - Pending
Download Brochure & Application Form
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg