Event code: 81020
GOOD INDUSTRY PRACTICES
Windows are major components of buildings allowing for transmission of light, providing view for the occupants and giving a pleasing facade. However, poorly designed and installed windows pose a problem of water seepage. As aluminium frame windows are commonly used in the local industry, the “Good Industry Practices – Aluminium Window” was developed to share with the industry good work practices adopted by practitioners and contractors who have consistently delivered high quality work.
This Good Industry Practices highlights the benefits and practical tips on how quality fabrication and site installation can be achieved.
This course aims to provide participants with
• Good understanding on the design issues relating to aluminium window
• Practical tips and suggestions on having good aluminium window design and installation including fabrication, preparatory works, installation of aluminium window and protection and cleaning of completed work; and
• Good understanding of common defects and how to prevent them.
• Types of window systems and design considerations
• Components of window system and material selection
• Fabrication and assembly of window systems
• Delivery, handling & storage
• Preparatory works before window installation
• Installation procedures and tolerance
• Protection and cleaning of glass surface
• Common defects & remedies
MR HO THIAM CHAN, Executive Director, Kao Lee Aluminium Industrial Pte Ltd
Mr Ho Thiam Chan is an Executive Director of Kao Lee Aluminium Industrial Pte Ltd. He is in-charge of the Project and Design Departments, and has more than 25 years of experience in the aluminium industry including curtain wall, trellis, skylight, windows and doors.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
Date: 27 Feb 2018
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST): S$360.00
Lunch & refreshments will be provided.
Download Brochure & Application Form
To check the status of your course applications, please log into the Customer Self Service Portal (CSSP) at www.bcaa.edu.sg/self_help_portal/selfhelp/login.aspx.
If you need assistance on using the CSSP, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg