Event code: 81020
Windows are major components of buildings allowing for transmission of light, providing view for the occupants and giving a pleasing facade. However, poorly designed and installed windows pose a problem of water seepage. As aluminium frame windows are commonly used in the local industry, the “Good Industry Practices – Aluminium Window” was developed to share with the industry good work practices adopted by practitioners and contractors who have consistently delivered high quality work.
This Good Industry Practices highlights the benefits and practical tips on how quality fabrication and site installation can be achieved.
This course aims to provide participants with
• Good understanding on the design issues relating to aluminium window
• Practical tips and suggestions on having good aluminium window design and installation
including fabrication, preparatory works, installation of aluminium window and
protection and cleaning of completed work; and
• Good understanding of common defects and how to prevent them.
• Types of window systems and design considerations
• Components of window system and material selection
• Fabrication and assembly of window systems
• Delivery, handling & storage
• Preparatory works before window installation
• Installation procedures and tolerance
• Protection and cleaning of glass surface
• Common defects & remedies
MR HO THIAM CHAN, Executive Director, Kao Lee Aluminium Industrial Pte Ltd
He is in-charge of the Project and Design Departments, and has more than 25 years of experience in the aluminium industry including curtain wall, trellis, skylight, windows and doors.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
Date: 15 Oct 2019
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST): S$410.00
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
IES-ACES: Pending (Structural)
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
Download brochure here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.