Event code: 81021
GOOD INDUSTRY PRACTICES - Timber Flooring
Enhanced with Engineered Wood Flooring
Timber flooring is widely used in building works. Having good understanding and knowledge on the types of timber flooring, their components, the right ways to handle,
install and maintain them would enable the stakeholders to improve the workmanship standards of such flooring.
With the emergence of engineered wood flooring due to its superior quality, environmental friendliness and ease of handling, this course has been enhanced to cover topics on engineered wood flooring. With the revamped content, this course, which covers the salient points of two Good Industry Practices (GIP) guidebooks, namely, Timber Flooring and Engineered Wood Flooring, will further align the industry towards quality and productivity improvements.
The objectives of this course are to equip the participants with:
• A good understanding and knowledge on various aspects related to timber floorings, including engineered wood flooring;
• Practical tips and suggestions on achieving good timber flooring, including preparatory works, installation of timber floor and protection of completed works; and
• A good understanding of common defects and how to prevent them.
• Design considerations and components of timber flooring system
• Key differences between engineered wood and solid wood
• Improvement on productivity on site with engineered wood
• Good practices on delivery, handling, storage and preparatory works
• Good installation and inspection
• Protection and maintenance after completion of flooring
• Common defects, preventive and corrective measures
MS TAN LIH TUAN, Managing Director, Sin Kim Heng Marketing Pte Ltd
Ms Tan Lih Tuan is the Managing Director of Sin Kim Heng Marketing Pte Ltd, a timber flooring company in Singapore with office in Malaysia. Ms Tan, who received her Bachelor degree in Economics at the University of Western Ontario, Canada, is a certified timber floor inspector with ATFA (Australian Timber Flooring Association) and a member of the NWFA (National Wood Flooring Association, USA). Since 1995, she has been a regular lecturer of this GIP course. She was one of the contributors to both the GIP guidebooks on Timber Flooring and Engineered Wood Flooring.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
BOA-SIA: 3 CPD Points
Date: 23 Jul 2019
Next Intake: 26 Nov 2019
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
S$410.00 (without subsidy)
S$124.02* (with WTU funding support for eligible local participants)
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
*For more information on the funding requirement, please refer to
Download Brochure Here
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from
8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org •
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.