Event code: 81025
Drywall as internal partition is gaining popularity as one of the leading solutions towards achieving quality finishing with higher productivity. Besides facilitating a cleaner, quieter and environmental-friendly worksite, drywall construction is quicker with lesser labour requirement. The use of drywall internal partition is encouraged and recognized under CONQUAS 8th edition and forms part of the CONQUAS Enhancement Series on Good Industry Practices.
This GIP course aims to highlight the benefits and good practices of drywall installation introduced in the GIP practice guide book on Drywall Internal Partition and extends the knowledge to other applications for wet areas and Prefabricated Bathroom Unit (PBU).
The objectives of this course are:
• To provide participants a good understanding on drywall design including drywall structure,
material, preparation and installation, common defects and corresponding remedies.
• To equip participants with knowledge of good practices on wet areas application of drywall
• To introduce to the participants the design consideration of drywall for Prefabricated Bathroom Unit (PBU)
• Introduction to Drywall Internal Partition
- Design considerations and material selection
- Delivery, handling and storage requirements
- Preparatory works before setting out
- Installation sequence and considerations
• Drywall for Wet Areas Application
- Properties of board system
- Good practices
• Drywall for PBU
- Design considerations and material selection
- Requirement of drywall PBU
- Common defects and remedies
MR TEO WEE HWEE, Technical Manager, USG Boral
Mr Teo has more than 13-year experience in providing technical solutions for Drywall and Ceiling systems. His main roles include devising system proposal, managing products and systems testing and conducting systems training. Over the years, he has been invited to participate in various workgroups and working committees formed by government agencies such as Building and Construction Authority and Singapore Civil Defence Force. Mr Teo was also involved in developing the Good Industry Practices Guide Books for Drywall Internal Partition and Prefabricated Bathroom Unit.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
15th Run: 12 Nov 2019
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
S$410.00 (without subsidy)
S$124.02* (with WTU funding support for eligible local participants)
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices,course notes will be available in e-format.
*For more information on the funding requirement, please refer to
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
Download Brochure Here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.