Event code: 80022
Proper operation and maintenance of major electrical equipment becomes important to increase equipment reliability, extending equipment lifetime and ensuring high levels
of health and safety for building users and operation as well as maintenance personnel.
This course aims to provide awareness of the maintenance practices of an electrical installation for FM personnel and non-electrical engineers required to carry out building maintenance works.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
i. Know the types of electrical equipment
ii. Acquire knowledge in the maintenance of electrical installation
• Statutory requirements for electrical scope
- Workplace Safety and Health Act
- The Electricity Act (Cap. 89A) and Regulations 2002 and the Electricity (Electrical Worker) Regulations 2002
• Electrical switchgear
- Recommended maintenance programme
- Maintenance programme
• High voltage power cable
- Preventive and predictive maintenance
- Testing methods
• LV switchboards
- Components – Circuit breakers, busbars, busbar chambers, terminal connections
• Low voltage electrical installation
- Types of testing
• Recommended maintenance programme
- Maintenance frequency matrix
- Maintenance records and test results
Er. CHAN HENG LIM holds a B.Eng (Hons) degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from the University of Aberdeen, UK and a postgraduate certificate in Teaching in Higher Education. He has more than 20 years of working experience in Power Plant Operation, Factory Automation, and Electrical System Design.
He was the Vice President with an established consultancy company responsible for the design and management of electrical building services for infrastructural development, healthcare facilities, institutional building, commercial and residential buildings. Subsequently, he held a post of Deputy Director with a Government agency responsible for the standardization of guidelines and establishment of good practices for healthcare infrastructure.
Er. Chan is a registered Professional Engineer (Electrical) in Singapore, Chartered Engineer (UK), International Professional Engineer (UK), Chartered Professional Engineer (Australia), APEC Engineer, ASEAN Chartered Professional Engineer (ACPE) and European Engineer (EurIng). He is a Licensed Electrical Engineer registered with EMA and a certified Green Mark Professional.
All FM personnel, managing agents, M&E designers, contractors and others who are non-electrical trained but wish to acquire knowledge on maintenance of electrical equipment.
1st Run: 19 October 2018
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$395.00
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
PEB: 6 PDUs
Please log into our Online StoreFront (OSF) at
and search for course code 80022
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from
8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.