Event code: 79084
Many professionals in the built environment sector have little or no finance knowledge and experience. The lack of understanding of the financial information hinders them from drafting an accurate budget and making informed business decisions. In the current competitive global economy, there is a need for the built environment professionals to grasp essential key knowledge in the area of finance in order to make more informed business decisions.
This 2-day course is designed to help built environment professionals with little or no prior knowledge in finance to understand and interpret financial data, and how they can be applied in the business and project operations. At the end of the course participants should be able to:
• Understand and interpret the financial statements
• Evaluate the financial performance and health of the business
• Draft a realistic budget
• Apply the concepts in their daily projects and business operations
• Understanding and interpreting financial statements:
- Uses and users of financial statements
- Limitations / shortcomings of financial statements
- The income statements / Profit & Loss accounts
- The Balance Sheet
- Fund Flow Statement
- Application of financial statement for business
• Cash flow statements
- What is it and what does it tell you
- Profitability vs. liquidity
• Using financial ratios to analyse the financial performance and health of the business
• Understanding the annual report
MS KOH SIEW MIN leads a team of consultants and trainers in providing financial consultancy and training to banks, MNCs and management institutes in the Asia-Pacific region. She is also an adjunct Assistant Professor at NUS Business School, and has delivered customised courses on finance for built environment companies in Singapore.
MR PETER FONG specialises in providing advisory, training and support services to SMEs and their owners. He is a much sought-after speaker for credit and receivable management courses and actively conducts courses for local and international SMEs and MNCs. Peter is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers, London and an Associate Member of the Malaysian Institute of Management.
All built environment professionals who wish to gain an understanding on finance.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
4th Run: 7 & 8 Aug 2019
Duration: 2 days (15 hours)
Time: 9.00am to 6.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$800.00
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
Download Brochure Here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.