Event code: 80028
CFD Simulation Using Open Source Software
Under the Green Mark criteria, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation is required and encompasses 4 segments namely, ventilation simulation, thermal comfort, indoor air quality simulation and wind driven rain. As CFD simulation software for commercial projects and outsourcing of simulation can be costly, it would be beneficia for companies and professionals to equip themselves with knowledge on CFD’s open source software, OpenFOAM.
In the course on “Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Simulation Using Open Source Software”, participants will acquire the knowledge on CFD, OpenFOAM as an open source software as well as the experience needed to start their own CFD projects using OpenFOAM. There will be planned tutorials to guide participants through all aspect of the software.
• To provide participants with an overview of the use of CFD technology in the context of built environment and the process of designing and delivering a green building and a healthy environment.
• To train participants with OpenFOAM, CFD modelling techniques and other relevant software skills.
Introduction of CFD & Basics of OpenFOAM
•Introduction of CFD
•Basics of OpenFOAM
•Meshing – blockMESH
•Meshing – snappyHexMesh
•Detailed Buoyant Indoor Simulation
Advanced Modelling in OpenFOAM
•Mathematical Background of CFD in OpenFOAM
•External Heat Transfer with Rotating Parts
•Dynamic Mesh Movement
Introduction of BIM Centric GUI
•Meshing / General Solver Settings
•Geometry Import / Mesh Refinement Setting
•Running OpenFOAM via GUI
DR ALEX LEE, Managing Director of Tian Building Engineering Pte Ltd, is a pioneer in CFD in Singapore. He has more than 25 years of applied research experiences at STAe, DSO, IHPC, CIMNE (Singapore), National University of Singapore (NUS) and Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). Under his leadership, he had established a CFD consortium focusing on HVAC and Fire/Smoke applications. Dr Alex Lee was also instrumental in helping SCDF in developing the 1st Performance based fire code. Over the recent years, he has extended his deep knowledge in developing an Integrated Building Performance
Analysis solution for ACMV, ETTV, building energy and Fire and Smoke simulation. He is currently an Adjunct Associate Professor in SiT and BCA Academy. He speaks frequently on BIM Centric BPA technology. He is also the co-founder of BIM HVACTool – A Graphical User Interface for Building Performance Analysis Tool.
ASSESSMENT AND AWARD
• Participants are required to complete the in-class assessment(s) during the course of study.
• Participants who achieve a minimum class attendance of 75% and passed the assessment(s) will be issued with a Certificate of Successful Completion (CSC) issued by BCAA.
Built environment professionals and other stakeholders who wish to learn about CFD, OpenFOAM or perform airflow modelling using CFD analysis and involve in projects related to green and sustainability.
2nd Run: To be confirmed
Duration: 7 nights (21 hours)
Time: 7:00pm to 10.00pm
Frequency: 2 times per week
Venue: BCA Academy, T5-4 (IT Lab)
Fee (Incl of GST): S$1,470.00
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) @
(Course code: 80028)
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.