Event code: 79094
Building Services and their Commissioning
Building Services engineering brings a building to life, have a profound impact on different aspects of building performance such as end-user satisfaction, environmental impact, maintenance and utilities cost, as well as business continuity. In the modern built environment, clients require their projects to be delivered on time and within budget. Clients also want assets to be operationally-ready at handover, facilities that perform to suit their required function and buildings with high levels of performance over the long-term. A correctly executed commissioning process for Building Services is crucial to achieving these outcomes.
This course will discuss the different Building Services in projects, what the commissioning process is, why it is important and how the commissioning process could be executed at each stage of project delivery. Prefabricated Building Services elements for improved productivity will also be shared.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
1. Understand the tools available for planning, monitoring and delivery of Building Services
2. Learn how offsite manufacture and the use of prefabricated Building Services elements can help improve productivity
3. Explain what management of the commissioning process is and how it is put into practice on a construction project
4. Understand the key activities that should take place at each stage of the commissioning process and what documents should be used to undertake these activities
• Building Services
- What they are and why they are important
• Project delivery in the 21st century built environment
• Overview of Building Services
- The 3 key elements of Building Services systems
- Different Building Services systems
• Preparing to start work on site
- Costing and programme of Building Services
- Design management and selection of construction specialists
- The use of offsite manufacture and prefabrication in Building Services
• The site-based stage of the project
- What it is and why it is important
- Management of the commissioning process
- Overview of the commissioning process – from project inception through to operation and use
• Activities of the commissioning process at different stages of a project
- In-use stage of project delivery
GLENN HAWKINS, Founder, Clear Construction, UK
Glenn is a degree-qualified engineer with extensive experience on major international construction projects. He has over 30 years’ experience of working with construction project teams. The work has involved delivering projects, studying projects, writing about project delivery and training project professionals. Glenn is also a qualified commissioning process provider. He also author of several high-quality publications on project management, commissioning management and performance improvement in the construction industry.
Building Owners, Developers, Architects, M&E Engineers, Building Managers, Project Managers, Facilities/Maintenance Managers and any built environment graduates and junior Building Services engineers who would like to better understand Building Services and the commissioning process.
Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
Date: 14 & 15 Sep 2017 (FULL) - Registration Closed
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST): S$1,050.00
Lunch & refreshments will be provided.
Download brochure & application form
To check the status of your course applications, please log into the Customer Self Service Portal (CSSP) at www.bcaa.edu.sg/self_help_portal/selfhelp/login.aspx. If you need assistance on using the CSSP, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com • www.bcaa.edu.sg