Event code: 73003
Good contract administration is required to manage design specification, contractual agreement, competitive tendering, evaluation, cost control, variations, final accounts, claims and even disputes, this will eventually helps to reduce construction costs.
A building project, whether under design build contract or conventional contract type, has to undergo three specific stages namely, design, tender and construction. In all three stages, good contract administration is required to manage design specification, contractual agreement, competitive tendering, evaluation, cost control, variations, final accounts, claims and even disputes. Poor management in any of these aspects would lead to unnecessary claims and disputes and eventually higher construction costs.
At the end of the course, the participant should be able to:
• develop in-depth knowledge of contract administration for conventional and design & building contracts
• examine contract administration in different phases of the project delivery process
• explore alternative contract claims and dispute resolution.
• Administration of design stage - design brief, preparation of specification, contractual agreements and managing design consultants
• Administration of tendering stage - competitive tendering, evaluation and award of tender
• Administration of construction stage - contract management, variations & final accounts and cost control & reports
• Contract claims and dispute resolution
• Case studies on conventional and design and build contracts
PALLIPURATHU GOPINATHAN ROY is currently a Senior Manager for a Fortune 500 multinational construction company. For the last 20 years, he has been involved in all facets of commercial, contractual and dispute management for building and civil engineering works in Singapore. His portfolio of dispute avoidance and resolution, commercial management, procurement advice and contract management experience spans a wide variety of complex building, engineering, tunnelling and infrastructure projects. He is known as a leading contracts practitioner in the local construction industry with profound knowledge of the field. Roy is regularly identified by his peers as a heavyweight in contracts administration with a bona fide reputation. He has a distinctive approach and knack for interpreting the provisions of the contract and displays great acumen in this field. He is well positioned to advise the top management on all aspects of construction and project work from inception to completion, including the drafting of various forms of construction and project documentation.
• Contract Administrators
• Project Managers
Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
Date: To be confirmed
Duration: 2 days (14 hours)
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST): S$930.00
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
To register, please log into our Online StoreFront (OSF) at
and search for course code 73003
Download brochure here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.