Event code: 81019
Waterproofing of internal wet areas is one of the more problematic areas in building work, with most incidents of water leakage occurred at the floors and internal walls of toilets and kitchens. To enhance watertightness performance of the internal wet areas, it is important to look at how the structure and the waterproofing membrane are detailed.
This course complements the “Good Industry Practices - Waterproofing for Internal Wet Areas” and highlight the good practices in the design, material selection and installation of waterproofing membrane.
This course aims to provide participants with
• A good understand on the design issues relating to waterproofing for internal wet areas
• Practical tips and suggestions on achieving good waterproofing works at internal wet areas, including preparatory works, actual installation of waterproofing membrane and protection of completed works
• A good understanding of common defects and how to prevent and rectify them.
• Design considerations
• Selection of waterproofing system
• Delivery, storage and handling of waterproofing products
• Preparatory works before application
• Installation procedures and inspection
• Protection of completed work and water-tightness test
• Defects and rectification
MR ALFRED LIM, Director, Goldfield Construction Pte Ltd
Mr Alfred Lim is the director of Goldfield Construction Pte Ltd. He has more than 20 years of sales and field experiences in the field of supplying and installation of waterproofing products. He is also the President of Waterproofing Trade Association of Singapore since 2008. In addition, he is an invited guest speaker for SIA seminar for waterproofing to RC flat roof in Oct 2013.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
BOA-SIA: 4 CPD Points
IES-ACES: 3 STU (Structural)
Date: 9 Apr 2019
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST): S$ 410.00
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
Download brochure here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.