Event code: 73007
With construction projects becoming more and more complex, the demand on the knowledge, skills and expertise of the project manager has increased correspondingly. This includes planning and controlling multiple key elements of project management, including time, cost, material, organisation, quality, delivery and safety. It is important that the project manager has the necessary knowledge and skill set to manage the building project professionally so as to complete and deliver the project to his clients on time and within budget.
Construction managers, consultants, project managers, architects and engineers who are involved in project planning and management should attend this course.
At the end of the course, the participant should have acquired the skills and knowledge to:
• understand the key elements of construction project management with regard to time, cost, material, organisation, quality, delivery and safety;
• understand and manage risks in a construction project;
• conduct effective meeting using action oriented agenda;
• identify root causes of problems and initiate group thinking to contribute solutions;
• develop process and techniques to improve decision making
• Definitions & Essentials of Project Management
• Methodology of Project Management
• Risk Management and Cost Control
• Contract Administration and Contracts Management
• Contractual Disputes and Conflict Management
• Document Management
• Implementing Quality Management System
• Implementing the Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety System
• Case Study
• Project Policy & Delivery
• Works Co-ordination
• Safety & Security Management System
• Time Management
• Commissioning & Handing Over
• Case Study on project management
• Scenario based training and role play
• Plan, conduct and follow up the meeting
• Team process in initiating group thinking
• Root causes of problems leading to delay in construction
• Problem solving and decision making skills
PHILIP TAY has been involved in the Singapore construction industry for the last 39 years, working with statutory board, developer, as well as local and foreign contractors. He has held numerous positions ranging from Quantity Surveyor, Site Manager, Construction Manager, Project Manager, and Senior Project Manager to Director. He is currently engaged by the Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) to teach Construction Management for Bachelor’s degree Programme.
EDWARD HAN has a Bachelor Degree and a Master Degree from the National University of Singapore. Besides the wealth of engineering, technical and management knowledge, he has more than 25 years of project management experience. The projects he had successfully managed include various types of property development, facility management, IT and industrial projects. Besides many local projects, he had also managed several challenging developments in USA, China and other regional countries. A dynamic and engaging trainer, Edward has been sharing his wealth of project management experience and knowledge at the professional and tertiary level since year 2010.
LINUS WANG has been working for Consultants, Developers, and Contractors for more than 17 years. He used to manage and direct a team of PMs, RSOs, ECOs, Safety and Health Supervisors in the management of Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety aspects based on CONQUAS 21 requirements, SMS for construction worksites (CP 79), Environmental Pollution Control Act and Environmental Public Health Act. He used to focus on issues involving development and implementation of ISO 14001, ISO 9001, and OHSAS 18001.
Project Managers, Construction Managers, Engineers, Architects and Consultants.
25th Run: 4 - 6 Jul 2018 (FULL)
26th Run: 17 - 19 Sep 2018
Duration: 3 days (21 hours)
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST):
S$1,280.00# (without Subsidy)
S$442.62 (with WTU funding support for eligible local participants*)
# Foreigners may claim 40% of WTU funding support upon fulfilling the funding requirement*
*For more information on the funding requirement, please refer to http://www.bca.gov.sg/manpower/wtu.html
Lunches & refreshments will be provided.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
PEB: 21 PDUs (25th Run)
BOA-SIA: 4 CPD Points (25th Run)
IES-ACES: 12 STU (Structural) (25th Run)
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg