Event code: 78066
Retro Commissioning and Performance Contracting
The 3-day course aims to provide participants an understanding of retro commissioning and performance contracting. Upon completion of the course, participants will appreciate the importance and benefits of retro commissioning and performance contracting. Participants will learn the different stages in retro commissioning, develop and implement a performance contracting plan. The economic analysis of the energy efficient projects (EEP), measurement and verification in EEP, and the different mechanisms in financing a performance contract will also be discussed.
• Introduction to Retro Commissioning
- Distribution of Energy Consumption in typical buildings in Singapore
- Commissioning Terminology commissioning, Retro Commissioning and continuous Commissioning
- Importance to Retro Commissioning
- Benefits of Retro Commissioning
• Identification of the need for Retro commissioning
- Common Symptoms/Problems
- Estimation of Potential Energy Saving Opportunities
• Stages in Retro Commissioning
• Introduction to Performance Contracting
- Different types of Performance Contracting
- Roles of Energy Services Companies (ESCOs) in Performance Contracting
• Development of an performance contracting plan, process and implementation
• Economic Analysis of the Energy Efficient Projects (EEP)
• Legal documentation of performance contract
• Measurement & Verification in EEP
- Project Specific Measurement and Verification Plan for EEP
- Post Installation Verification Measurement & Verification Plan and Execution
- Periodic Performance Monitoring
- Savings Computation & Report
• Financing an performance contract and repayment mechanism
• Practice Session
• Site Visit
• MR CHALLA VENU KUMAR is the Chief Operating Officer of Barghest Building Performance Pte Ltd. He holds a Master of Science degree in Facility and Environment Management from University College London. He has over 23 years of experience in HVAC, Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation space. During his role as the Senior Energy Management Professional, he has helped many buildings conserve energy and
achieve Green Mark Platinum, Goldplus and Gold awards through Retro-Commissioning and Optimizing existing equipment and systems.
• ER. PATRICK FOONG is the founder and Managing Director of Singapore Green Engineers Pte Ltd. Er. Foong holds a first class honours degree in Mechanical Engineering from King’s College London and an MSc. in Engineering from the National University of Singapore. Er. Foong is one of the notable engineers who carried out energy-efficient retrofits to existing chiller plants and facilities using various energy performance contracting models since 90’s. He is the winner of the 2014 BCA-SGBC Green Engineer of the Year award and a nominated Industry Ambassador for Sustainability by BCA. He is a Registered Inspector (M&E), QuESS, Energy Auditor, SCEM and Green Mark Professional.
• Engineers and building professionals intending to seek accreditation as Certified Green Mark Professional (GMP) or Green Mark Facilities Professional (GMFP) under BCA Green Mark Specialist Certification Scheme.
(For more information regarding the GMP & GMFP certification scheme, please log on to www.bca.gov.sg/GreenMark/gm_manager.html)
• PE (mechanical), Facilities and Energy Managers, ESCOs and other stakeholders involved in Green Mark projects and/or who wish to know retro-commissioning procedures and processes.
This course is one of the core modules under the Certification Course for Green Mark Facilities Professional.
ASSESSMENT AND AWARD
This course involves assessment. A Certificate of Successful Completion (CSC) will be issued to participants who:
i. Achieve at least 75% class attendance; and
ii. Pass all the assessment(s)
6th Run: To be confirmed
Duration: 3 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$1,470.00
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Download brochure & application form
If you need assistance , please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com • www.bcaa.edu.sg