Event code: 79051
Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) and Glued Laminated Timber (Glulam) are engineered wood systems which have been identified as innovative products that can raise construction productivity. Such systems offer greater design flexibility, rapid installation, and waste and weight reduction as seen in many construction projects overseas. In the local scene, the industry has become more aware of the benefits of such technology, with a number of CLT/Glulam projects in the pipeline. In order to gain real traction for its adoption, the various considerations such as humidity, performance, termite protection, building envelope design and fire safety regulations have to be addressed.
This 2-day workshop aims to elevate the knowledge and skill of the participants in the design and construction of CLT and Glulam structures. It will address the various considerations which may have caused reservations in its adoption.
• Quality assurance requirements
• Transport and storage consideration
• Architectural and structural design issues
• Project site planning
• Connection and assembly sequence
• Construction challenges
• Fire, acoustic, vibration and thermal performance
• Construction and management of building envelope
• Durability and maintenance
• Case studies
Mr Bernd Gusinde, Dipl.-Ing Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Ing (FH), Managing Partner,
Timber Concept GmbH
Mr Gusinde obtained his Bachelor of Applied Science in Civil Engineering and Master in Structural Engineering from the Munich University of Applied Sciences. As a registered professional consulting engineer in Germany,
Mr Gusinde has vast experience in designing and carrying out construction of timber structures. He has worked with prominent timber construction and engineered wood product companies on various commercial, residential, and institutional structures in Germany, UK, France, USA as well as Singapore. He is also involved in the construction of the office building for the site visit.
4th Run: To be confirmed
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST):
S$856.00 (without Subsidy)
S$136.00 (with WTU funding support for eligible local participants*)
Lunches and refreshments will be provided.
*For more information on the funding requirement, please refer to http://www.bca.gov.sg/manpower/wtu.html
Effective 1st Nov 2018, the course fee will be revised to S$950.00 (incl. GST).
To enjoy the current course fee, completed registration through Online StoreFront (OSF) must be made by 21st Oct 2018.
Payment must be received by BCA Academy no later than 5.00pm on 26th Oct 2018.
Course registration will resume at 12.00pm on 1st Nov 2018.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) @
and search for course code: 79051
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.