Event code: 78097
Workshop Series on Lean Construction Management
BIM Scheduling and Process Management
Lean Construction techniques aim to improve processes through waste minimisation. A synergy of Lean Construction and Building Information Modelling (BIM) will certainly have a profound impact on productivity and hence profitability. In this workshop, Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) is introduced as the combination of 4D BIM and lean construction management to achieve optimization of the construction schedule for continuous flow of construction process and better planning in construction management.
Understand VDC concept, openBIM awareness, Construction Software and hardware use within full building life cycle and how 4DBIM enhance the Design & Construction process to improve collaboration, precision and productivity. The objectives of this 2-day workshop are to allow participants to:
• Improve productivity using VDC approach in day-to-day project management
• Minimize potential abortive works to reduce project risks
• Optimize project scheduling according to resources, labour and plants
• Forecast progress and identify problems earlier
• Better visualize on construction sequence and work flow
• Introduction of Virtual Design and Construction
• Introduction of OpenBIM Concept
• Introduction of 4DBIM Planning Process in Construction Management
• 4D BIM Scheduling & 4DBIM Construction Sequence Animation with Various Tools
• Use of Laser Scanning and Drone Technology for Construction Industry
• Location Based Scheduling for Variation and Change Order
• Project Control & Optimization
MR BENNY LIU (TRAINER), MEng(Hons) ICIOB, MbSHK, MAIIB, MHKIBIM, MIET
Mr Benny Liu is the Solutions Manager of Global Virtual Design and Construction (Singapore) Pte Ltd. He is also the BIM Team Leader of the Yau Lee Construction Co., Ltd. He has over 12 years work experience in designing and managing a variety of projects in Hong Kong and United Kingdom, ranging from commercial complex new build & refurbishment, nursing homes, office development, sports centre, residential building and university developments. Mr Liu has extensive experiences on implementing Virtual Design and Construction approach together with 4D and 5D BIM for on-site progress monitoring and schedule optimization. Mr Liu holds a Master Degree in Architectural Engineering from the University of Leeds. Mr Liu is also a Professional Member of Hong Kong Institute of Building Information Modeling (HKIBIM). A winner of Hong Kong Construction Industry Council BIM Excellence Award 2014 - Construction Innovator by BIM.
MR MARCO WONG (FACILITATOR), MSc (Hons), BEng (Hons)
Mr Marco Wong is the BIM Engineer of Global Virtual Design and Construction (Singapore) Pte Ltd. He has extensive experience in BIM Industry. Marco is expertise in utilize and manage 3D, 4D, 5D BIM applications for different disciplines. He is familiar with production of 4D construction sequence simulations, as well as construction programme optimization and process management using various BIM technologies. Mr Wong holds a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering and a Master Degree in Project Management.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
• Construction Managers
• Project Managers
• Site Engineers
• Program Planners
6th Run: 11 & 12 Sep 2019
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST):
S$800.00 (without subsidy)
S$276.64* (with WTU funding support for
eligible local participants)
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
*For more information on the funding requirement, please refer to http://www.bca.gov.sg/manpower/wtu.html
PEB: 12 PDUs
Download brochure here
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
If you need assistance on, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.