Event code: 71926
The role of facilities mangers is to manage the operations of buildings so as to minimise operational costs and the environmental impact of the buildings. To perform this role effectively in this competitive business operation, FM professionals need to be knowledgeable about business management, strategic planning, construction management and engineering towards sustainability in FM.
The 2-day course aims to equip the participants the business case for sustainability; establish programs to reduce, reuse and recycle; analyse the life cycle costing of sustainable buildings and carry out building commissioning.
Business Case for Sustainability
• Concept of sustainability investment
• Integrating environmental issues into business strategies
• Key role played by FM in sustainability strategies
Relating Sustainable Performance Measures of Facilities to Business Indicators
• Sustainability building indicators
• Measurement, benchmarking and performance in FM
Establish Programs to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
• ‘Zero Waste’ approach – going beyond best practices
• Solid waste / energy management and water conservation
• Certification and benchmarking
Operational and Maintenance Expertise Critical to Building Performance
• Management and maintenance planning
• Operations and maintenance strategy, role and approaches within an organization
• Procuring operations and maintenance works
• Performance measures for buildings including cost estimation
• Challenges facing Operation and Maintenance professionals
Life Cycle Costing of Sustainable Buildings
• Life Cycle Costing of buildings – overview, objectives and constraints
• Life Cycle Costing model, analysis and comparison
• The need for life cycle costing for buildings and its effect on building activities
• Complexity of life cycle costing in time and space
Building Commissioning and Retro-Commissioning
• Overview of commissioning
• The commissioning team and process
• The economics of commissioning
• Case studies on building commissioning in practice
FM Managers, Engineers, Estate Managers, Property Managers, Design Professionals who wish to understand how facilities management can be implemented at a strategic level.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
PEB: 14 PDUs
17th Run: 2 & 3 Sep 2019
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$800.00
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
Download brochure here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.