Event code: 78089
Workshop Series on Lean Construction Management
Managing Workflow and Achieving Plan Reliability
Lean construction employs lean optimizations to the construction process to improve project performance and productivity. “Lean” means utilizing less resources, effort, cost, manpower, to achieve more value through optimizing processes by reducing wastes and uncertainty while maximizing customer satisfaction, In that way, it makes processes more stable, predictable and efficient. Studies have shown that the application of Lean construction methods in project delivery process has resulted in reduction of completion time by almost 30% and up to 15% reduction in costs.
The ‘Lean Construction Management Workshop Series’ aims to introduce to the industry the different Lean Construction approaches and methodologies through a series of bespoke workshops. Through this knowledge transfer, it is hoped that the industry practitioners would be able make more informed decision when choosing the suitable approaches for the company or project so as to enhance project delivery.
In this workshop, participants will learn about the principles and tools which cover advance project planning practices involving short-term collective planning, pull scheduling, constraint management techniques and workflow optimization using cloud based real-time planning tools. Utilizing lean methodology and cloud based tool results in smoother production flow of construction activities and reduction of uncertainty across the project personnel and the different subcontractors involved in the project. Possibilities of combining Lean, cloud and mobile technologies and BIM are also covered which ultimately helps to boost the construction productivity in projects.
• Concepts of lean construction
• Advanced project planning practices
• Pull driven scheduling approach
• Flow perspective of projects
• Achieving smooth production flow
• Work flow diagnostics
• Concepts of lean BIM
• Cloud based collective planning and short-term project management methods & available tools
DR (ER) DAVID CHUA is a Professor at the Department of Civil and
Environmental Engineering, National University of Singapre (NUS). He
obtained bother his MSc and PhD at the University of California, Berkeley.
Professor Chua’s research area is in construction management with
emphasis on lean construction and use of IT, BIM and technologies.
5th Run: 3 & 4 Oct 2018 (FULL)
6th Run: To be confirmed
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST):
S$600.00 (without Subsidy)
S$207.48* (with WTU funding support for eligible local participants*)
Lunches and refreshments will be provided.
* For more information on the funding
requirement, please refer to http://www.bca.gov.sg/manpower/wtu.html
PEB: 7 PDUs
Download Brochure & application form
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms & conditions 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.