Event code: 78077
In the construction industry, it is known that application for extension of time and claims for prolongation cost can be a contentious issue in the industry. Though standard conditions of contract like SIA and PSSCOC have provisions for extension of time, there are issues pertaining to the proper procedures for application of EOT, claims for loss and expenses or prolongation cost and documentation for evidence of delays and justifications that need to be addressed.This course is designed and structured to provide insights and depth into the factors that will affect the success of EOT application and the recovery of prolongation cost.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
• Understand the basic principle and concepts of Extension of time
• Interpret the Guidelines in preparing EOT application and the procedural mechanism used in standard forms of construction contracts
• Understand prolongation cost and their rights to claims for EOT
• Apply potential defences against time bars and ascertain quantum for EOT
• Basic principle and concepts
• Procedural mechanism in commonly used standards from of construction contracts
• Guidelines in preparing EOT application
• Introduction to prolongation cost and review of EOT clause
• Preserving their rights to claims for EOT and potential defences against time bars
• Nature of excusable and non-excusable delays
• Ascertaining quantum for EOT
• Contractual issues with concurrent delays
• Report writing for application of EOT
MR DERICK CHOW holds a Bachelor of Science (Building) (Hons) and a Master in Business Administration degrees from the National University of Singapore. Derick has more than 15 years of experience in contract administration for large scale commercial and residential projects from inception to hand-over. He has administered and managed a wide variety of contracts that include overseas procurement contracts for M&E equipment, D&B contracts and PPP contract. Derick has worked extensively on claims preparation including extension of time, loss and/or expense and variations. In addition, he has experience in the preparation and documentation for adjudication and third party mediation.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
Project managers, site supervisors, building owners, facilities managers, facilities executives and construction professionals who are keen to learn about people management skills.
10th Run: To be confirmed
Duration: 3 evenings (9 hours)
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST): S$550.00
Refreshments will be provided.
PEB : Pending
Download Brochure and Application Form
To check the status of your course applications, please log into the Customer Self Service Portal (CSSP) at www.bcaa.edu.sg/self_help_portal/selfhelp/login.aspx.
If you need assistance on using the CSSP, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg