Event code: 78053
With the advancement in technology, the energy required to illuminate has reduced significantly over the years. On top of the knowledge on conventional light sources, this course also covers the modern light sources such as LED, Induction and Light Emitting Plasma. Participants will also go through hands-on exercise to compute life-cycle costing so as to enable them to make better choice of lighting systems.
• Principles of Light and Colour
- Basics of Light
- Definitions, Terminologies, Units and Measurements
- Formulae of Illumination and Worked Examples
- Colour Temperature and Colour Rendering Index
• Eco-Friendly Lighting Design
- Guidelines and Requirements – Singapore Standards, Green Mark Criteria, ASHRAE and International Standards
- Principles and Application of Lighting Design
- Hands-on Calculation and Sample Lighting Design
- Best Practices in Lighting Design
- Methods of Integrating Lighting Control into Building Management System
• Light Sources and Gear
- Characteristics of Light Sources (Conventional Lamps, LED, Induction Lamps and Light Emitting Plasma) and Relevant Ballast-Gear Characteristics and Accessories
- Light Output, Energy Efficiency and Life Span of Various Light Sources
- Light Sources and its Applications
- Methods of Lighting Control
• Maintenance of Lighting Systems
- Light Loss and Maintenance Factors
- Case Studies of Lighting System Efficiency Improvement
- Life Cycle Costing and Comparison of Lighting Systems
- Hands-on Calculation of Life Cycle Cost
- Sustainability Practices in Lighting
MR K. SESHADRI is the Chairman (SEA and Middle East) of Luma Group Lighting Pte Ltd and Convener of SPRING Work Group for Lamps, Related equipment and Lighting Codes of Practice. He holds an Electrical Engineering (Honours) Degree and Masters in Education. Mr Seshadri has been in the lighting field for more than 50 years, as a lighting designer, consultant and former General Manager and Regional Vice President of an MNC. He is a well-known speaker at regional and international forums on Lighting Technology, Design and Energy Efficiency. Mr Seshadri is also the immediate past secretary-general of the Lighting Association of Singapore and part-time Lecturer at the Department of Building, School of Design and Environment, National University of Singapore.
Professionals who are interested to learn more about optimizing energy, operations and improve indoor comfort through energy-efficient lighting systems.
This course is one of the elective modules under the Certification Course for Green Mark Facilities Professional and Certification Course for Green Mark Professional.
ASSESSMENT AND AWARD
This course is assessment-based. A Certificate of Successful Completion (CSC) will be issued to participants who:
i. Achieve at least 75% class attendance; and
ii. Pass all the assessment(s)
6th Run : 29 & 30 Nov 2018
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$880.00
Lunches and refreshments will be provided.
PEB - Pending
BOA-SIA - Pending
Download Brochure & Application Form
To check the status of your course applications, please log into the Customer Self Service Portal (CSSP) at www.bcaa.edu.sg/self_help_portal/selfhelp/login.aspx.
If you need assistance on using the CSSP, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com • www.bcaa.edu.sg