Event code: 77029
Against a backdrop of economic uncertainties, many on-going projects run the risk of going into disputes, claims, delay and disruption.“Loss and Expense” claim is one of the costclaims that are likely to be encountered by contracting parties of a construction project.
At the end of the workshop, participants would
• be equipped with the necessary knowledge to manage Loss and Expense claims;
• be able to recognize the “do’s and don’ts” in the claiming process;
• acquire knowledge of legal and technical aspects of claims from experts
Presentation of a case study on Loss & Expense claims
Discussion on legal and technical aspects arising from the case study
• recognizing the concerned stakeholders
• distinguishing and discussing key dispute areas
• identifying and discussing possible claim areas
Practice on preparing and defending Loss and Expense claims
• drafting and reviewing notice of claims
Final review of the case study
• other forms of contract
• Security of Payment Act
Mr Christopher Chuah is a Partner with Wong partnership LLP, specialising in the area of construction disputes, in both litigation and arbitration. He is also a legal advisor to the Singapore Contractors Association Limited (“SCAL”), as well as a member of the Committee for International Construction and Building Contracts.
He is a Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, as well as the Chartered Institute of Building. He has also been appointed to the Singapore International Arbitration Centre’s Main Panel of Arbitrators. He is recently appointed as a Member of the Construction Adjudicator Accreditation Committee which was formed by the Singapore Mediation Centre to assist with the training and accreditation of adjudicators.
Dr Anand Jude Anthony is currently Director with DGA International Experts Limited, Singapore Branch. He has over 27 years PQE experience in the construction and engineering industries.
He holds several academic qualifications including, a NUS Bachelor of Civil Engineering, NTU Master of Science in International Construction Management,University of London Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a University of London Master of Laws in Commercial & Corporate Law. He testifies regularly as Delay Expert and Quantum Expe(Cost Engineer) at the Singapore High Court, Singapore Mediation Centre for Adjudication cases, Singapore Arbitration matters as well as international Commercial Arbitration disputes.
The workshop will benefit all stakeholders in the construction industry who are involved or will be involved in administering construction contracts. Specific target audience will be architects, project directors & managers, contract managers & administrators and builders.
29th Run: 18 Oct 2018
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$400.00
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Effective 1st Nov 2018, the course fee will be revised to S$445.00 (incl. GST).
To enjoy the current course fee, completed registration through Online StoreFront (OSF) must be made by 21st Oct 2018.
Payment must be received by BCA Academy no later than 5.00pm on 26th Oct 2018.
Course registration will resume at 12.00pm on 1st Nov 2018.
To register, please log into our Online StoreFront (OSF) at
and search for course code 77029 Download brochure
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.