Event code: 76054
The Civil Defence (CD) Shelter Design Workshop 2018 is designed to provide industry practitioners with insights into good staircase storey shelter design practices in compliance with the latest “Technical Requirements for Storey Shelters 2015”. Flexibility in shelter design, including waiver approval cases such as voids located within shelter setback distance will also be discussed.
The workshop aims to equip participants with the knowledge to:
- understand the important architectural and structural design considerations for staircase storey shelters;
- plan and design staircase storey shelters in compliance with technical requirements for storey shelters; and
- supervise the construction and commissioning inspection of staircase storey shelters.
Staircase Storey Shelter Design Requirements
- Architectural and structural requirements for shelter protection
- Shelter carcass, shelter space allocation and continuity of shelter tower to the foundation
- Design and construction of volumetric precast staircase storey shelters
- Structural requirements of staircase storey shelters
Staircase Storey Shelter Design Case Studies
- Good design practice of staircase storey shelters with illustration
Storey Shelter Construction and Commissioning
- Good construction practices with illustrations to avoid common non-compliances observed during shelter site inspection and shelter commissioning inspection
Er. Neo Seng Hai, Senior Principal Engineer, Civil Defence Shelter Engineering, Special Functions Group, BCA
Er. Neo performs regulatory control and provides consultancy services in the design, construction and commissioning of CD shelters. He also works closely with SCDF in the evaluation of storey shelter waiver applications, regular review of and revision to technical requirements for storey shelters.
Participant who achieved at least 75% attendance will be awarded Certificate of Attendance (COA)
• Structural Engineers
• Shelter Designers
• Site Supervisors
5th Run : 13 Sep 2018
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$350.00
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
IES- ACES (REs/RTOs): Pending
Visit our Online StoreFront (OSF) @
(Course code: 76054)
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org