Event code: 79065
Temporary low voltage electrical installations are widely used in construction and building sites; trade-fairs, mini-fairs and exhibition sites as well as for festive lightings.Designers and engineers need to have deep knowledge on the good practice and guidelines for the inspection, testing and maintenance of such installations, in compliance with the code of practice.
This 1-day course aims to provide participants an understanding of the Singapore Standard CP88: 2001 Code of Practice for Temporary Electrical Installations (Part 1 & 2) on the safety requirement for the electrical installation used in providing temporary supply for various applications.
• Statutory Regulations for Temporary Supply
• Types of Supply and Equipment
• Earthing Arrangement and Protective Conductor
• Installation of Generating Set
• Protection for Safety
- Protection against direct contact
- Protection against indirect contact for low voltage and reduced voltage system
• Selection and Erection of Equipment
- Wiring Systems
• Switchgear and Control Gear
- Enclosure for low voltage assembly
- Switchboard and Distribution Board
• Inspection, Testing and Maintenance
PART 1: CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING SITES
• Socket-outlets assembly
- Enclosure for socket-outlet assembly
- Single-phase socket-outlet assembly fed from single-phase and three-phase source
- Three-phase and single-phase socket- outlet assembly
• Plug, Socket-Outlets and Cable Couplers
• Cable for Socket-Outlets Assembly connection
• Other Equipment
- Light fixtures, portable hand-lamps
• Equipment for reduced voltage system
PART 2: FESTIVE LIGHTING, TRADE-FAIRS,AND EXHIBITION SITES
• Isolation and Switching
• Other Equipment
- Luminaires, fans, floodlights
- Emergency Switching Devices
• Decorative Lighting
- Protection by Separated Extra-Low Voltage
- Arrangement of circuits for Separated Extra-Low Voltage
- Socket-outlet in Separated Extra-Low Voltage System
• Installation practice
• Dos and Don’ts
ER. HO SOU WENG
B.Sc Electrical & Electronic Engineering
ER. HO SOU WENG received a B.Sc degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from the University of Strathclyde. Er. Ho has acquired considerable experience in Electrical System for Buildings and Offshore Platforms. Er. Ho is a registered Professional Engineer (Electrical) in Singapore and a Licensed Electrical Engineer registered with EMA.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
M&E Engineers, Designers, Contractors and fresh graduates who wish to acquire knowledge in electrical installations within the built environment.
8th Run: 29 May 2019
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$445
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
Download brochure here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.