Event code: 76021
This course was launched jointly by BCA and HDB to improve the industry to meet the needs of its current and potential renovation contractors. All existing and new renovation contractors are encouraged to attend the course to learn the good practices to better plan and manage renovation projects.
This course is designed to equip participants with the necessary skill and knowledge in planning and managing renovation projects. Particular emphasis is placed on documentation, resource management, quality control, delivering good customer services, designing for home renovation and finally, opportunities for improvement or upgrading of the business.
PART 1 – Planning & Managing the Renovation Project
A. Introduction - The introduction stresses the need for pro-active and effective planning and managing a renovation project and the firm as a whole.
B. Refresher - This topic serves as a refresher to the participants on the need to comply with the relevant Statutory, Regulatory, Code of Practice and Singapore Standards as well as HDB Renovation Rules and Regulations.
C. Business Contract with Customers - Participants will be introduced to the common contracts published by CASE and RADAC.
D. Managing Changes and Unplanned Events - This topic discussed on identifying changes, accepting and dealing with them. Most important of all, the need to carry out clear and prior communication with all involved to prevent misunderstanding.
E. Resource Planning and Management - Keeping in touch with the environment for latest trend, products, desires, cost, methods etc – business, industry (direct and indirect), economy within and beyond Singapore etc.
F. Quality Control - This topic discussed on the quality control effort in managing risk, cost and liability and equally important, providing good customer services.
G. Attitude for Improvement - Introduction to benchmarking, “Branding”, Safety management with SMC/OHSAS 18001, Quality management system with ISO 9001, Environmental management with ISO 14001, understanding your customer, collaboration for growth.
PART 2 - Design on Home Renovation
Theme conceptualization • Home styling • Space planning and optimization • Functional requirements • Aesthetic desires • Colour analysis • Choice of materials • Furniture layout • Selection of lightings, furnishing and accessories
PART 3 - Dispute Resolution
• Common renovation complaints/issues faced by consumers (including case studies, complaint statistics/nature etc)
• Tips from CASE to consumers on renovation matters
• How the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act (CPFTA) affects renovation contractors
• Alternative dispute-resolution mechanism (including mediation, arbitration, evaluation etc)
• CaseTrust Accreditation scheme for renovation contractors
There will be 2 tests, each test is 30 minutes & will be conducted at the end of each day. (20 Multiple choice questions, open book test)
17th Run: To be advised
Duration : 2 days (14 hrs training +
2 tests of 30 min each)
Time: 8.30am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$600.00
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
ASSESSMENT & AWARD
A participant must attain at least 75% of attendance for each day to be eligible to take the test at the end of each day. Those who pass the tests will be awarded a Certificate of Successful Completion.
Download brochure here
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.