Event code: 78064
This course will provide the participants with the knowledge on how to design and retrofit existing air-conditioning systems to improve energy efficiency while maintaining thermal comfort. It aims to enhance the participants’ understanding on the various optimisation strategies. Participants will also learn how to analyse and measure the energy savings from different efficient systems.
• Fundamental of Air Conditioning
- Basic Vapour Compression Cycle
- Cooling Load Tabulation
- Principles of Psychometric Properties in Air-Conditioning
• Central Chilled Water System
- Design and configurations of Chillers and Central Chiller Water Plants
- Types and configurations of Chilled and Condenser Water Pumps
- Types and configurations of Cooling Towers
• Chilled Water Air-Side Systems
- Types and design of Air-Side Systems
- Types and configuration of AHUs, FUCs and VAV
• Water & Air Distribution Systems
- Piping and Ducting Design
• OptimiSation and control of chiller plants
- Chilled Water System Measurement and Verification
- Chiller, Cooling Tower, Chilled and Condenser Water Pumps Optimization
- Control strategies for Chiller Plant
• Optimization and control of airside systems
- Deployment of VAV
- CO2 Demand and Ventilation
• Chiller plant maintenance
- Energy reduction through good operation and maintenance
MR STEVEN KANG is the Business Development Director for Measurement & Verification Pte Ltd. Mr Kang graduated from the National University of Singapore with an honours degree in mechanical engineering. He has extensive work experience in the heating, ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC) industry. He was previously a Mechanical Engineer at Singapore’s Public Works Department and was also the Business Development Director at Johnson Controls Inc. He has been conducting in-depth trainings on HVAC design and optimization to ESCOs, consultants and building owners throughout Asia.
• Engineers and building professionals intending to seek accreditation as Certified Green Mark Professional (GMP) or Green Mark Facilities Professional (GMFP) under BCA Green Mark Specialist Certification Scheme. (For more information regarding the GMP & GMFP certification scheme, please log on to www.bca.gov.sg/GreenMark/gm_manager.html)
• It is also relevant to Engineers, Project Managers, Energy Managers and Facility Managers working for Developers, Building Owners, M&E consultancy firms, ACMV contractor firms, ESCOs and other stakeholders involved in Green Mark projects who are interested in the design and / or management of air-conditioning system in commercial buildings.
ASSESSMENT AND AWARD
This course is assessment-based. A Certificate of Successful Completion (CSC) will be issued to participants who :
i. Achieve at least 75% class attendance; and
ii. Pass all the assessment(s)
9th Run: To be confirmed
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$970
Refreshments will be provided.
PEB : Pending
SCEM-CPD: Pending Download Brochure & Application Form
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com • www.bcaa.edu.sg