Event code: 73053
Accredited by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Workplace Safety and Health (Risk Management) Regulations require stakeholders such as employers, self-employed persons and principals to have the responsibility of identifying safety and health hazards at the workplace and taking appropriate actions to eliminate the hazards or mitigate the risks associated with the hazards. Risk assessment and management is the key to reduce the risks at source.
Participant who attends this course will have an in-depth understanding and knowledge on the concepts and methodologies of risk assessment and management. This course will also provide hands-on experience in the risk assessment for construction activities and development of risk management implementation plan.
• Risk Management Concepts
• Regulations and Code of Practice for Risk Management
• Hazard Identification Process
• Risk Evaluation Methods and Procedures
• Risk Control Measures
• ALARP Concept
• Implementation of Control Measures
• Effectiveness of Control Measures
• Risk Communication
• Developing Workplace Risk Management Plan
• Case Studies related to hazardous construction activities
ASSUMED ATTITUDES, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Applicants are assumed to:
• have an in depth knowledge of the organisational products/services
• have an in depth knowledge on sources of workplace hazards
• have good presentation skills
• be proficient in project scheduling
• be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the
Employability Skills (ES) level 5 (or) possess at least GCE ‘N’ level English grade 5.
• be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ES level 5 (or) possess GCE ‘N’ level Mathematics grade 5
Successful candidates will be awarded a e-Certificate* in “Develop A Risk Management Implementation Plan (bizSAFE Level 2)”
*Hardcopy certificate will no longer be printed, instead e-Certificates will be generated under the SSG e-Cert system. Participants can request for a copy of the SOA which will be printed free of charge for the 1st printing, but subsequent printing will be chargeable at a fee.
Management such as Project/Construction Managers, Health and Safety Personnel, Line Supervisors, Team Leaders and those who are able to be a Risk Management Champion for the organisation aspiring to obtain bizSAFE 2 recognition from WSH Council.
PEB - 14 PDUs
IES-ACES (REs/RTOs) - 4 STU (Safety)
131st Run: 26 & 27 Feb 2019
Duration: 2 Days (14 hours)
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST):
S$470.00 (without Subsidy)
S$250.37 (with SDF Subsidy*)
S$ 74.67 (with Enhance Funding for SME*)
S$ 74.67 (with Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy for self-sponsored applicant#)
Fee includes course materials and refreshments
*Skills Development Fund (SDF) is available for this course. Prior to the registration, company is required to enrol their staff (Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident) through SSG’s SkillsConnect system at www.skillsconnect.gov.sg. Eligible applicants pay the remaining fee (after deducting SDF Funding) and GST.
# Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
- Eligible for Singaporean aged 40 and above only
- Individual applicant shall submit completed application form, last 3 month’s pay slips, and payment together with NRIC for verification at BCA Academy
- Applicant will be required to sign a declaration for the subsidy
Note: Course applicants may be eligible to receive course fee funding from government agencies subject to
terms and conditions. If the applicant fails to fulfil the terms and conditions of the funding such that
BCA Academy (BCAA) is unable to claim the funded portion of the course fee from the funding agency, the participant will be required to pay BCAA the funded portion of course fee that is no longer claimable by BCAA.
Download Brochure & Application form
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com