Event Code: 46A17 Introduction
Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health (Level A) is the first level of the four following qualifications under the WSQ WSH Professionals framework:
• Level A - Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health
• Level B - Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health
• Level C - Specialist Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health
• Level D - Graduate Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health
This Certificate is entry level course to the WSH profession.
The Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health (CWSH) qualification will provide participants with basic competencies and a head start in WSH to become a WSH Representative. Contents
This course consists of a total of 6 Competency Units (CU), of which 5 competency units are Core modules and 1 unit is Elective module. The details of the CUs are given below:
1. Identify Hazards and Maintain Risk Control Measures
2. Support WSH Legal Compliance and Incident Reporting
3. Participate in Implementing WSH Management Process
4. Check and report outcome of WSH inspection
5. Communicate and Relate Effectively at the Workplace (ES WSQ)
1. Work in a Team (ES WSQ) ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Assumed Skills and Knowledge:
• ES Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4 or Secondary 2 education; AND
• Completed a ES WSH module or any safety course; AND
• Preferably hold a WSH-related appointment ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION
a) Participants will be assessed individually for each Competency Unit (CU).
b) Assessment for each CU will be competency-based and may consist of: Work Assignments, Case Studies, Role-Plays, Written Tests and Interview Sessions.
c) Participants must achieve at least 75% physical attendance to be eligible for all the assessments.
d) Participants who obtained SOAs for all required CUs will be awarded a WSQ Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health. DETAIL 2nd Intake: Starting on 26 Sep 2017
Duration: 5 - 6 months
Frequency: 2 to 3 evenings on weekdays
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fees (incl of GST): S$3,100 (without Funding) / S$310* (with SSG Funding) (Note: SSG funding will be revised from Oct 2017 onwards)
* SSG FUNDING
- SSG funding is applicable to Singapore Citizens & Singapore Permanent Residents only.
- SSG funding is up to 70% of the course fee.
- SSG funding is subject to SSG’s approval.
- The applicant will pay the nett fee upon acceptance into the course.
70% of the course fee plus GST shall be paid to BCA in any of the following circumstances:
1) SSG does not approve the funding application.
2) SSG revokes the funding for whatever reason.
3) The participant does not fulfil minimum 75% attendance and fail any of the assessment components (e.g. written test, assignment, case study, etc) for each competency unit.
4) The participant breaches any of the terms and conditions of the course or funding grant.
This course is conducted in English.
(Registration is opened. Course commencement is subjected to minimum class size) REGISTRATION
Placement will subject to meeting entry requirements and on first-come-first-serve basis. Those who are not placed in this run will be kept in the waiting list and will be considered for subsequent runs. WITHDRAWAL
If the notice of withdrawal is received by BCA Academy 14 working days or more before the course/semester commencement date, 90% of the fee paid will be refunded. If the notice of withdrawal is received by BCA Academy between 4 to 13 working days before the course/semester commencement date, 75% of the fee will be refunded. If the notice of withdrawal is received by BCA Academy less than 4 working days before the course/semester commencement date, no refund will be given. REPLACEMENT
Replacement of participants is allowed if the substitute meets all the entry requirements and the request is made at least 14 working days before the course/semester commencement date. No replacement is allowed for participants. DEFERMENT
If the application for deferment is received by BCA Academy 14 working days or more before the course/semester commencement date, an administration fee of 10% of the original course/semester fee is chargeable. If the application is received by BCA Academy less than 14 working days but more than 3 working days before the course/semester commencement date, an administration fee of 25% of the fee is chargeable. No deferment is allowed if the notice is received by BCA Academy less than 4 working days before the course/semester commencement date. Under the circumstance, the case will be treated as a withdrawal unless the registered participant decides to proceed with the original course. Deferred participant returning to attend the course must meet the course requirements of the intake they are joining. USE OF INFORMATION
“Information” means information relating to the participants and its sponsoring company in connection with, arising from or relating to this application and application for funding including but not limited to personal data and test results.
BCA, BCA Academy, BCA’s employees and agents will access and use the Information for the purpose of processing this application and conducting the course and related matters thereto.
BCA, BCA Academy, BCA’s employees and agents will disclose to other Government agencies and/or the Government any Information, where necessary. Download brochure and application form