Course Code: 44080
Apply Workplace Safety and Health in Construction Sites
(Also known as Construction Safety Orientation Course - CSOC)
It is a mandatory WSH training course for all workers working in the construction industry. Construction workers are required to attend and pass the course before they start work at the worksite.
At the end of the course, the trainees should be able to recognize safety hazards at construction sites, explain preventive measures to be adopted, practice safety measures when working at heights, follow safety signs and observe safe work procedures. The course also aims to educate trainees on their rights and responsibilities as construction workers in Singapore.
Legal Obligations, Fire and Explosion Hazards, Specialized Operations in construction such as excavations, Material Handling, Mechanical and Electrical Works, Working At Height, Working in Confined Space, Personal Protective Equipment and Well Being of workers.
• Responding to Fires and Explosion
• Working at Height (Scaffold structure)
• Working in Confined Space (Reading gas meters)
• Correct use of Personal Protective Equipment
• Theory test of 1 hour duration
• Practical test of 4 hours duration
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
- English, Mandarin, Malay, Tamil, Bengali Burmese, Thai and Hindi
100% attendance is required. Late comers will not be allowed to sit for test. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued a Pass (Apply Workplace Safety and Health in Construction Sites).
(Workers with work permits already revoked by MOM would not have their work permits reinstated even if they register for this course)
Course Dates: Regularly subject to minimum class size enrolled
Duration/Time: 17 hours (2 days) / 8.30am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy, 200 Braddell Road
Fee with GST: $125.00 (without subsidy)
$31.54 (with SDF subsidy*)
$19.86 (with enhanced funding for SME*)
$19.86 (with Mid-Career enhanced subsidy for self-sponsored applicant#)
• Trainees must wear safety shoes during the course.
• Please attach a passport size colored photograph with trainee’s name & NRIC or Passport number written behind.
*Skills Development Fund (SDF) is available for this course. Prior to the registration, company is required to enrol their staff (Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident) through SSG’s SkillsConnect system at www.skillsconnect.gov.sg. Eligible applicants pay the remaining fee (after deducting SDF Funding) and GST.
# Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
- Eligible for Singaporean aged 40 and above only
- Individual applicant shall submit completed application form, last 3 month’s pay slips, and payment together with NRIC for verification at BCA Academy
- Applicant will be required to sign a declaration for the subsidy
Note: Course applicants may be eligible to receive course fee funding from government agencies subject to terms and conditions. If the applicant fails to fulfil the terms and conditions of the funding such that BCA Academy (BCAA) is unable to claim the funded portion of the course fee from the funding agency, the participant will be required to pay BCAA the funded portion of course fee that is no longer claimable by BCAA.
To register with BCA Academy, company must register through online @ www.bcaa.edu.sg or in person at the counter as soon as possible upon the workers arrival to avoid revocation of work permit.
For enquiries: call 6248-9999 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download brochure & application form