Event code: 44100
Data Analytics is one of the emerging frontier technologies that our workforce needs training in to acquire skills to analyse available data. Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) works involve enormous data in the form of inspection reports, incident reports, safety behaviours indicators, procurement data, etc., that can be analysed with suitable data analytics tools to arrive at outcomes that can be used to improve work productivity and WSH performance at workplaces. Safety analytics can predict and prevent safety incidents, thus saving lives, money and organisation’s reputation which goes beyond the conventional dashboards and safety reports of past incidents or accidents.
This course aims to provide participants a good appreciation of basics of data analytics and its approach, and how WSH data can be analysed in order to improve safety and health performance and productivity in workplaces.
1. Impact of safety violation to organisation
2. Perceptions on safety data analytics
3. Challenges in safety data analytics
4. Use of safety data analytics in organisation
5. Safety data analytics approaches
6. Selection of safety data analytics system
7. Key requirements of a safety data analytics system
8. Approach to predict the likelihood of future incidents/ accidents from happening
9. Implementing safety data analytics system
10. Benefits of implementing safety data analytics system
Upon attaining 75% attendance, participants will be issued a Certificate of Attendance.
Mr Henry Chang has more than 30 years of combined experience in M&E works, safety engineering and management, procurement management, data analytics, and IT infrastructure consultancy. He was the first mover in the development of the first Procurement Data Analytics System in the Whole of Government that analyses procurement transactions to surface procurement anomalies and identify procurement trends for productivity improvement. For his dedicated services, he was awarded the Singapore Excellent Service Award. He is a registered Professional Engineer and a registered WSH Officer. His qualifications include Degree in Mechanical Engineering, MBA, MSc (Computer Integrated Manufacturing) and Certificate in Advanced Business Analytics.
- Project Managers
- Construction Managers
- WSH Officers
- WSH Supervisory Personnel
- Project Engineers
- Other personnel who wish to acquire knowledge on Data Analytics
2nd Run: 22 & 23 Aug 2019
Time: 9.00 am to 5.30 pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl GST): S$610.00
Fee includes course materials and refreshments
PEB : Pending
WSH-CPD (WSH Officers): 15 SDUs
IES-ACES (REs/RTOs): Pending (Safety)
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
Download Brochure Here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.