Event code: 76A43 INTRODUCTION
Under the legal framework of Workplace Safety and Health (WSH), a WSH Co-ordinator is required to be appointed for a construction project with a contract sum of less than $10 million. The Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health (ACWSH) is the qualification recognised for the registration of a WSH Co-ordinator by the Ministry of Manpower. This course will also prepare the participants to take up employment as other WSH professionals such as WSH Supervisors.
The objectives of the Advanced Certificate in WSH are to provide the learners with the skills to coordinate the implementation of WSH management systems at the supervisory level and have understanding of the relevant WSH regulations.
This course consists of 10 Competency Units (CUs), of which 8 are Core Units and 2 are Elective Units. To attain the Advanced Certificate in WSH, learners are required to be certified ‘COMPETENT’ in all 10 CUs. The details of the CUs are given below:
1. Administer WSH Policy
2. Identify WSH Hazards and Implement Control Measures
3. Coordinate WSH Management System with Legal Compliance
4. Investigate and Report WSH Incidents
5. Coordinate Implementation of Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans
6. Measure, Monitor and Report WSH Performance
7. Promote WSH Culture Development
8. Facilitate Effective Communication and Engagement at Workplace
9. Supervise WSH in Construction Industry (Elective)
10. Facilitate Effective Work Teams (Elective)
This course is meant for personnel who aspire to be WSH Co-ordinators or other WSH professions such as WSH Supervisors or equivalent.
DETAILS 4th Intake: Starting in Jan 2018
Duration: 6 to 7 months
Frequency: 3 week day evenings
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fees (incl of GST): S$4,400 (without Funding) / S$1,110.28* (with SDF Funding) /
S$699.06 (with Enhanced Funding for SME*) / S$699.06 (with Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy for self-sponsored applicant#)
*Skills Development Fund (SDF)
is available for this course. Prior to the registration, company is required to enroll their staff (Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident) through SSG's SkillsConnect system at www.skillsconnect.gov.sg
. Eligible applicants pay the remaining fee (after deducting SDF Funding) and GST.
#Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
- Eligible for Singaporean aged 40 and above only
- Individual applicant shall submit completed application form, last 3 months' pay slips, and payment together with NRIC for verification at BCA Academy.
Funded portion of the course fee shall be paid to BCA in any of the following circumstances:
1) SSG does not approve the funding application.
2) SSG revokes the funding for whatever reason.
3) The participant does not fulfil minimum 75% attendance and/or fail any of the assessment components (e.g. written test, assignment, case study, etc) in any competency unit.
4) The participant breaches any of the terms and conditions of the course or funding grant.
This course is conducted in English.
(Registration is opened. Course commencement is subjected to minimum class size)
Download Brochure & Application Form Here