Event Code: 77A08 Introduction
Graduate Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health (Level D) is the highest level of the four following qualifications under the WSQ WSH Professionals framework:
• Level A - Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health
• Level B - Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health
• Level C - Specialist Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health
• Level D - Graduate Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health
Persons at this level are at a professional and/or managerial level of practice, and are on the way to becoming WSH Auditors.
The Graduate Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health (GCWSH) qualification is designed for individuals who are keen to join the Workplace Safety and Health profession as a WSH Auditor or WSH Advisors. In this programme, candidates will undergo high level training that will enable them to evaluate the effectiveness of WSH management systems and conduct systems audits.
This is a recognised qualification for the registration as a WSH Auditor with Ministry of Manpower. Contents
This course consists of a total of 7 Competency Units (CU), of which 6 competency units are Core modules and 1 unit is Elective module. The details of the CUs are given below:
CU 1: Manage WSH Audit Programme
Managing the establishment, implementation and monitoring of WSH audit programme.
CU 2: Advise on WSH Legal Requirements and Good Practices
Advising relevant stakeholders on WSH legal requirements, product stewardship and corporate social responsibility.
CU 3: Recommend Continual Improvement to WSH Management System
Identifying the needs for improvement of WSH management system; proposing improvements; monitoring improvements.
CU 4: Apply Risk Assessment Methodologies in WSH Process
Identification of risk assessment process, establishment of risk characteristics of industrial hazards and identification of quantitative risk assessment to enhance WSH process.
CU 5: Conduct WSH Management System Audit
Preparing to conduct on-site audit, conducting on-site audit & preparing audit report.
CU 6: Conduct a WSH Culture Assessment
Complementing MOM’s culture on audit framework, this unit provides participants with an exposure to the different WSH culture models adopted all over the world, including Singapore’s own WSH CultureSAFE model. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
All applications to WSQ Graduate Certificate in WSH must fulfil the following entry requirements to be admitted into the course:
• A recognised WSH degree qualification for WSHO registration with MOM; and
• At least 2 years of post-WSH qualification (see Note 1) working experience as a WSH officer or similar occupational role
• Technology/Science-related/Engineering diploma/degree; and
• WSQ Specialist Diploma in WSH qualification (Level C) (see Note 2); and
• At least 2 years of post-WSH qualification working experience as a WSH officer or similar occupational role
• GCE ‘O’ Level English & Mathematics grade B4 or ES Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 7; and
• WSQ Specialist Diploma in WSH qualification (Level C); and
• At least 2 years of post-WSH qualification working experience as a WSH officer or equivalent Note:
1. A recognised WSH degree for WSH Officer’s registration with MOM includes:
• Bachelor of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety Degree conferred by the University of Newcastle Australia
• Bachelor of Science (Health and Safety) conferred by the Curtin University of Technology (Australia) – Singapore Campus
• Bachelor of Science in Human Factor in Safety conferred by the SIM University (UniSIM)
• Master of Science in Safety, Health and Environmental Technology conferred by National University of Singapore
2. Engineering degree refers to any qualification listed in the Professional Engineers (Approved Qualification) Notification. Please visit the Professional Engineers Board webpage at: http://app.peb.gov.sg/actrules.aspx to confirm qualification. Technology / Science-related diploma refers to diplomas from the local Polytechnics (Singapore Poly, Ngee Ann Poly, Nanyang Poly, Republic Poly, Temasek Poly). ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION
a) Participants will be assessed individually for each Competency Unit (CU).
b) Assessment for each CU will be competency-based and may consist of: Work Assignments, Case Studies, Role-Plays, Written Tests and Interview Sessions.
c) Participants must achieve at least 75% physical attendance to be eligible for all the assessments.
d) Participants who obtained SOAs for all required CUs will be awarded a WSQ Graduate Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health. DETAIL 1st Intake : Starting on 6 Sep 2017 (Evenings class)
Duration: 6 months
Frequency: 2 to 3 evenings on weekdays
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fees (incl of GST): S$3,570 (without Funding) / S$1,071* (with SSG Funding)
(Note: SSG Funding will be revised from Oct 2017 onwards)
* SSG FUNDING
- SSG funding is applicable to Singapore Citizens & Singapore Permanent Residents only.
- SSG funding is up to 70% of the course fee.
- SSG funding is subject to WDA’s approval.
- The applicant will pay the nett fee upon acceptance into the course.
70% of the course fee plus GST shall be paid to BCA in any of the following circumstances:
1) SSG does not approve the funding application.
2) SSG revokes the funding for whatever reason.
3) The participant does not fulfil minimum 75% attendance and fail any of the assessment components (e.g. written test, assignment, case study, etc) for each competency unit.
4) The participant breaches any of the terms and conditions of the course or funding grant.
This course is conducted in English.
(Registration is opened. Course commencement is subjected to minimum class size) REGISTRATION
Placement will subject to meeting entry requirements and on first-come-first-serve basis. Those who are not placed in this run will be kept in the waiting list and will be considered for subsequent runs CPD Points WSH-CPD (for WSH Officers): 162 SDUs
(Only applicable for full course participants ) Download brochure & application form