Event code: 80030
With the raised design standards for flood protection, private and public developers in Singapore must now build drains that meet the updated standards. At the same time, existing drains have to be upgraded to meet the new drainage design standards. Accurate surveying and levelling is critical prior to construction to ensure a smooth flow of water and will equip relevant construction personnels with technical knowledge and skills in this area.
This course aims to develop the knowledge and skills of participants pertaining to surveying and levelling in storm water drainage works. At the end of the course, participants will acquire the knowledge and experience to:
i. Use various types of levelling equipment
ii. Interpret survey and topographical plans
iii. Plan, organise, and carry out work safely
iv. Perform, check and supervise levelling and angle measurement for drainage construction
vi. Log and compute surveying data
On top of lectures, there will also be practical sessions to guide participants through.
• Surveying and Levelling
• Types of Equipment for Levelling and Surveying
• Principle and Basic Concept of Levelling
• Procedures in Levelling
• Booking of Level Observations
• Methods of Level Reduction
• Errors in Levelling
• Adjustment of Level Misclose
• Application of Levelling
• Profile Levelling for Drainage Construction
• Plotting Profile Alignment
• Calculating Levels and Gradients
(C) Angle Measurements
• Principle of Angle Measurement
• Horizontal Control Survey – Traversing
• Radial Method Measurements using Total Station
(D) Practical Sessions
Mr Thong Sai Soh has more than 40 years of teaching and training in civil, building and architecture diploma course students in land surveying. He has also conducted short courses in surveying.
ASSESSMENT AND AWARD
This course comprises a written assessment and an individual practical assessment. Participants who achieve a minimum class attendance of 75% and passed all the assessments, (written and practical) will be issued with a Certificate of Successful Completion.
Foremen and other related construction personnel who are keen to pick up skills in surveying and levelling for storm water drainage works.
2nd Run: 18 - 20 Sep 2019
(Written assessment will be conducted on the last day)
Duration: 3 days
Time: 8.30am to 6.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$850.00
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
Download Brochure Here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.