Event Code: 80021
The EN 81-20 is the new European Standard regulated by the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN) aims to improve accessibility, safety and comfort for lift passengers and those required to service lift installations. The Singapore Standard SS 550:2009 - Code of Practice for Installation, Operation and Maintenance of Electric Passenger and Goods Lift is currently undergoing review to align closer to the lift engineering and best practices guidelines in the EN 81-20.
This workshop will explain the safety requirements under the European Standard EN 81-20.
• Introduction to EN 81-20
• Scope of EN 81-20
• Safety requirements for
- Lift pit, machinery space and pulley rooms
- Landing doors and car doors
- Car, counterweight and balancing weight
- Suspension means, compensating means and related protection means
- Precautions against free fall, excessive speed, unintended car movement and creeping distance of the car
- Guide rails, buffers, lift machinery and associated equipment Controls
• Verification of the safety requirements
• Question and Answer Sessions
• M&E Engineers
• Authorised Examiners
• Lift Specialist Professional Engineers
• Lift Contractors
• Stakeholders who are involved in installation, maintenance, inspection and testing of lifts.
5 and 6 July 2018 | 9.00am to 5.30pm | BCA Academy
FEE (incl. GST) : S$760
Refreshment and lunch will be provided.
Please log into our Online StoreFront (OSF) at
and search for course code 80021
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org