Event code: 73064
A good geotechnical monitoring instrumentation system with proper protection, recording and data analysis could avoid catastrophic site incident. These instrumentations play an important role in the safety monitoring especially during the construction stage. The recorded data are also useful for design verification. Therefore, it is of foremost importance that engineers should be equipped with the knowledge on the different functions of geotechnical instrumentations, their installation method and how the readings are taken so that they could better plan and design the system to get their desired data. This course will cover this essential knowledge and also the skill to interpret the readings obtained, the good practices in installation of the instruments and the statutory requirements.
• Introduction to geotechnical instrumentations
• Purpose, installation and monitoring of geotechnical instruments
• Web-based tunneling and excavation monitoring system
• Good practices in instrument installation, monitoring and protection
• Planning and designing instrumentation monitoring programmes
• Statutory requirements on instrumentation & monitoring
• Monitoring data, interpretation of instruments readings, review levels & action plan
MR LIAU KENG CHUNG is an Assistant General Manager of Tritech Engineering and Testing (Singapore) Pte Ltd, a leading company for geotechnical instrumentation and investigation works in Singapore. He has 10 years of experience in project management of geotechnical instrumentation, building instrumentation and surveying. He is currently involved in big projects such as MRT Circle Line Stage 5, Downtown Line Stage 2 & 3 and Thomson-East Coast Line. Besides conventional instrumentations, Mr Liau is also familiar with remote surveying and the latest technologies in the geotechnical investigation and monitoring field.
• Practicing engineers
• Supervisors such as REs
• Geotechnical specialist
• Others who wish to gain knowledge on geotechnical instrumentation
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
21st Run: 15, 17, 22 & 24 Jul 2019
Duration: 4 evenings (12 hours)
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$800
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
to download brochure
If you need assistance , please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 16) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 17) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.