Event code: 80019 Introduction
Reinforced Concrete (RC) is the most widely used construction material in Singapore. In addition, RC structures are getting more complex requiring engineers to be increasingly reliant on computer-aided tools in their work. This course will equip engineers with technical knowledgeand tools to compare against software computations. Objectives
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
• Develop knowledge on complex slab design, frame design, beams with openings, etc
• Understand the principles of Strut and Tie Model (STM), and apply STM in the design of disturbed regions of reinforced concrete structures.
• Apply STM to corbels, brackets, beams with openings and deep beams.
• Understand the function of deep beams
• Analyze and design of slabs using Upper and Lower Bound Methods – Strip Method and Yield Line Method. Details
Date: To be advised
Duration: 1.5 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm (19 July)
9.00am to 1.30pm (20 July)
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee: $900 (incl. GST) CPD Points
IES-ACES: Pending To register
Please log into our Online StoreFront (OSF) at
and search for course code 80019
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org