Event code: 79097
Common Pitfalls When Applying for Temporary Occupation Permit/Certificate of Statutory Completion
Chaired by BCA, the inter-Agency Coordinating Committee (IACC), comprises representatives from various building regulatory agencis (EMA, LTA, NEA, NParks, PUB, SCDF, URA), public sector developers (HDB,JTC) and industry associations (ACES, IES, REDAS, SCAL , SIA). The IACC primarily facilitates project teams to quickly resolve issues arising from conflicting regulatory requirements that may impeded construction activities and reduce productivity.
This sharing session is to educate and update the construction industry stakeholders on the adoption of good practices and updates of changes in regulatory requirements.
Through this sharing, we hope to engage practitioners and new entrants into the industry to clarify and address technical requirements for TOP/CSC. The agencies will also touch on topics and observations such as common non-compliances detected during TOP applications and inspections, best practices, other associated tips or pitfalls, as well as learning points that would enable a smoother TOP/CSC process.
• Common Pitfalls in TOP Application & Streamlining Regulatory Requirements in Construction Permit - by BCA
• Why Go Around in Circles? Get it Right in One Go! – by NParks
• URA Requirements for TOP/CSC Inspection & Clearance – by URA
• Common Pitfalls When Applying for TOP/CSC Clearance to NEA – by NEA
• TOP/CSC for PUB – by PUB
• Classic Infringements During Site Inspections for Fire Safety Certificate (FSC)/ Temporary Fire Permit (TFP) Applications – by SCDF
• A smooth journey towards CSC Clearance – by LTA
Architects, Project Directors, Project Managers, Construction Managers, Project Engineers, public sector officers and construction professionals
PEB: 5 PDUs
BOA-SIA: 3 CPD Points
IES-ACES: 5 STU(Structural)
Date: 27 Sep 2019
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy, Auditorium T1-1, Academic Tower
FEES (incl. of GST): S$160.00
Lunch and refreshments will be provided
As part of BCA’s sustainability efforts, electronic Statement of Attendance (eSOA) will
only be issued to the participant on request. Please inform BCA staff on-site if you would like to request for the eSOA.
Download brochure here
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
To check the status of your course applications, please log into the Customer Self Service Portal (CSSP) at www.bcaa.edu.sg/self_help_portal/selfhelp/login.aspx. If you
need assistance on using the CSSP, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.