Event code: 45010
Requirements of noise control and management in construction sites are stipulated by NEA and MOM through legislations. To ensure that construction works do not affect neighbouring residents and businesses, noise levels are to be continuously monitored in construction sites and kept within the permissible levels. Developers also require contractors to prepare and submit to them a Noise Management Plan which usually includes the baseline noise record, indicate the Noise Sensitive Receivers (NSRs) (such as hospitals, schools, etc.) and propose mitigation measures and public relation strategies to handle noise matters. Throughout the construction duration, contractors are required to implement all practicable measures while continuously monitoring the noise levels closely.
This course will enable construction personnel who are managing the site to be aware of the relevant regulations, understand noise and its measurements, and noise control techniques so that they would be able to prepare and implement a good noise management plan and thus manage the expectations of the neighbourhood.
1. Challenges in Managing Noise Control in Construction Sites
2. Relevant Legal Requirements on Noise Control in Construction
3. Basic Concepts and Principles About Sound and Noise
4. Measurement of Noise - Units and Equipment
5. Arrangement of Noise Meters in Construction Sites
6. Good Practices in Noise Measurements
7. Principle of Noise Propagation
8. Methods of Noise Control to Mitigate the Impact of Noise on the Environment
9. Requirements and Elements of a Good Noise Management Plan
10.Prepare a Noise Management Plan for a Typical Construction Site
Mr Lim Ti Tzong has more than 20 years of combined experience in acoustic engineering, work place safety and health, and teaching. He is a MOM-Registered WSH Officer, Appointed Workplace Safety and Health Inspector (Noise), Registered Audiometric Technician as well as NEA – Registered Environmental Health Control Officer. Mr Lim’s qualifications include B.ENG (Hons) in Mechatronics from University of Wolverhampton, UK.
- Project Managers
- Construction Managers
- Site Engineers
- Site Supervisors
- WSH Officers and Supervisors
- Other relevant construction personnel
2nd Run: 4 December 2018
Time: 9.00am to 6.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl GST): S$390.00
Lunch & refreshments will be provided.
IES-ACES (REs/RTOs): Pending
PEB : Pending
WSH-CPD (WSH Officers):Pending
To register, please log into our Online StoreFront (OSF) at
and search for course code 45010
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.