Event code: 78014
Certification Course for Universal Design (UD) Assessors
While BCA has made significant progress in leading the building industry towards Universal Design (UD) adoption through funding and seminars, the industry is still lacking in their knowledge and application of UD. There is a need to build the industry’s capability and capacity in adopting UD so as to create an inclusive and age friendly built environment for all ages. The 4-day programme aims to provide an overview of the various aspects of adopting an inclusive approach to design. The course will adopt a multidisciplinary approach to gain an appreciation of UD through the direct contact with varied user groups in a focused context; the pragmatics of UD supported by an understanding of the theoretical framework; and the ability to source for and apply qualitative & quantitative information regarding the fit between human and the built environment.
• Understand regulatory provisions and statutory guides
• Have a greater appreciation of users’ needs, capabilities & challenges
• Ability to generate practical concepts that embodies an inclusive philosophy
• Adoption of practical UD strategies through holistic design solutions
• To exceed the minimum specifications and limitations of legislated mandates for an accessible and barrier-free built environment and facilities
This course will be conducted by a diverse group of experienced UD practitioners/architects and experts from the relevant agencies, special-education professors, access consultants and our BCA Universal Design Department that includes:
• Ms Goh Siam Imm, Technical Director (Universal Design), Building Plan & Management Group
• Mr Tan Cheong Ee, Principal Engineer, Building Plan & Management Group, UD Department
• Asst Prof Wong Meng Ee, Early Childhood & Special Needs Education, NIE
• Mr Kee Kiak Nam, Lecturer, Early Childhood & Special Needs Education, NIE
• Ms Judy Wee, Founder & Principal Consultant, LevelField Consultants
APPLICATION FOR UD ASSESSORS REGISTRATION
Candidates must possess an architectural degree or a building related degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience, or 5 years for diploma holders. Course is recognised for training requirement of at least one professional under the Public Sector Panels of Consultants (PSPC) categories of AR01 & AR02 for Architectural firms and PM01 & PM02 for firms offering project management service.
For the specific criteria for listing on various PSPC disciplines and panels, kindly refer to www.bca.gov.sg/PanelsConsultants/others/PSPC_AppA.pdf
Architects, Building Owners, Facility Managers, Project Managers, Town Council Executive, Academics, Interior Designers, Managing Agents, Contractors, Suppliers, Engineers
14th Run: 13, 17, 23 & 24 April 2018 + 8 May 2018 (Assessment)
Duration: 4 days (28 hours) (3.5 days Course + 0.5 day Assessment)
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm (Except for 24 April 2018 is from 9am-1pm /
Assessment on last day starts from 8.30am)
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$1,350.00*
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
*Skills Development Fund (SDF) funding is available for this course. To enjoy the SDF funding, companies are required to apply through SSG’s SkillsConnect system @www.skillsconnect.gov.sg (terms and conditions may apply) and claim directly from SSG.
To register, please log into our Online StoreFront (OSF) at
and search for course code 78014
Download brochure here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg