Event code: 78014
While BCA has made significant progress in leading the building industry towards Universal Design (UD) adoption through funding and seminars, the industry is still lacking in their knowledge and application of UD. There is a need to build the industry’s capability and capacity in adopting UD so as to create an inclusive and age friendly built environment for all ages. The 4-day programme aims to provide an overview of the various aspects of adopting an inclusive approach to design. The course will adopt a multidisciplinary approach to gain an appreciation of UD through the direct contact with varied user groups in a focused context; the pragmatics of UD supported by an understanding of the theoretical framework; and the ability to source for and apply qualitative & quantitative information regarding the fit between human and the built environment.
• Understand regulatory provisions and statutory guides
• Have a greater appreciation of users’ needs, capabilities & challenges
• Ability to generate practical concepts that embodies an inclusive philosophy
• Adoption of practical UD strategies through holistic design solutions
• To exceed the minimum specifications and limitations of legislated mandates for an accessible and barrier-free built environment and facilities
This course will be conducted by a diverse group of experienced UD practitioners/architects and experts from the relevant agencies, special-education professors, access consultants and our BCA Universal Design Department that includes:
• Ms Serene Peh, Director, Building Plan and Universal Design Department
• Mr Tan Cheong Ee, Principal Engineer, Building Plan and Universal Design Department
• Assoc Prof Wong Meng Ee, Early Childhood & Special Needs Education, NIE
• Mr Kee Kiak Nam, Lecturer, Early Childhood & Special Needs Education, NIE
• Ms Judy Wee, Founder & Principal Consultant, LevelField Consultants
APPLICATION FOR UD ASSESSORS REGISTRATION
Candidates must possess an architectural degree or a building related degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience, or 5 years for diploma holders. Course is recognised for training requirement of at least one professional under the Public Sector Panels of Consultants (PSPC) categories of AR01 & AR02 for Architectural firms and PM01 & PM02 for firms offering project management service.
For the specific criteria for listing on various PSPC disciplines and panels, kindly refer to www.bca.gov.sg/PanelsConsultants/others/PSPC_AppA.pdf
Architects, Building Owners, Facility Managers, Project Managers, Town Council Executive, Academics, Interior Designers, Managing Agents, Contractors, Suppliers, Engineers
17th Run: 18, 22, 23, 24 Oct & 13 Nov 2019 (Assessment on last day)
Duration: 4 days (28 hours) (3.5 days Course + 0.5 day Assessment)
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm (Except for the 4th day is from 9am-1pm /
Assessment on last day starts from 8.30am)
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$1,485
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 16) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 17) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.