Event code: 79059 INTRODUCTION
With advent of BIM, the design and installation conflicts among construction elements could be effectively identified, visualized and managed with the use of 3D BIM model. Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) coordination has been identified as one of the most complex tasks of the project delivery process. The BIM for MEP Coordination course aims to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills on how to achieve MEP spatial coordination through BIM with a greater degree of accuracy and collaboration. A series of hands-on, collaborative exercises will be conducted to simulate the real-world scenario of the coordination process from model review all the way to BIM translation to field. As such, participants are able to familiarize themselves with better, more efficient practices in MEP modelling, coordination, and collaboration, which will ultimately contribute to productivity and minimize reworks on site. OBJECTIVES
This course enables participants to:
• Understand the benefits and application of BIM for MEP coordination
• Overcome some of the challenges in the traditional MEP coordination process
• Apply best practices in MEP BIM modelling and coordination COURSE OUTLINE
This course has 5 training focuses:
• MEP MODEL DEVELOPMENT: To guide participants how to review, verify, and make full use of the BIM model which is passed from the upstream and develop the BIM model to the level of detail required for construction
• PROJECT SETUP: To introduce participants to different project team workflows, including “Big-room” and co-location concepts, as well as setting up project standards prior to modelling
• MODELLING STRATEGIES: To guide participants on modelling best practices and more efficient workflows
• COORDINATION: To train participants the lean process of MEP coordination through BIM as well as the typical issues in coordination and how best to resolve them
• BIM TO FIELD: To introduce participants on BIM application and technologies for field installation to reduce human error and mistranslation in actual installation TRAINER
MS. MARIANNE AMORES – Higher Associate, Centre for Construction IT, BCA Academy. Ms. Marianne Amores is a Higher Associate in the Centre for Construction IT, BCA. She has extensive industry experience in BIM management and construction coordination. Her current focus in BCA is on BIM implementation for construction as well as Lean and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC). PREREQUISITE
Applicants for this BIM for MEP Coordination course should possess BIM MEP modelling experience. AWARD
Certificate of Completion (CSC) will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement and pass the assessment. TARGET AUDIENCE
Contractors, Subcontractors and Specialty Contractors CPD POINTS PEB:
8th Run: 11 & 12 Nov 2019
Time: 9.00am to 6.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST):
S$925.00 (without subsidy)
S$231.07 (with WTU funding support for eligible local participants*)
*For more information on the funding requirement, please refer to
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
Download brochure here
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.