Event code: 73099
The management of construction projects requires knowledge of modern management as well as an understanding of the design and construction process. The role of project managers is to direct & co-ordinate the processes & resources during the life cycle of a project to achieve the project objectives.
The course aims to prepare professionals in the building and construction industry to take on the role of project managers. The course will equip the participants with necessary knowledge on the practices of project management to successfully manage a building project through all stages of implementation.
• Methodology of Project Management
Standards; core functions; stages and processes of project management; project life cycles.
• Managing Consultancy Services & Consultants’ Contributions
Roles of client & consultants; selection, appointment, commissioning & management of consultancy services.
• Contracts & Cost Management
Engineering contracts; contracts statements; subcontracts; processes and procedures of cost management; cost control and risk analysis.
• Time and Productivity Management
Time management processes; Lean/JIT & 5-S principles; key productivity underpinnings.
• Quality Management System (QMS) Implementation
Creating a QM plan; quality control; total quality management; commissioning and
• Risk Management
Risk management processes; Types of risks; Risk identification; Risk assessment; Risk reduction.
• Sustainable Construction
Tools to achieve sustainability; corporate social responsibility; Triple Bottom Line approach.
• Value Engineering & Value Management
Application of value engineering and value management in a building project; processes involved.
• Case Studies of Successful Management of Projects (Local & Foreign)
The applicant must possess a Degree or Diploma which is relevant to construction industry and relevant work experience.
ASSESSMENT & AWARD
Assessment of participants will be based on project work presentation and a short test
consisting of MCQs. Certificate of Successful Completion (CSC) will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement and passed the required assessments.
15th Run: 24 & 27 Sept, 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22 & 29 Oct, 8 & 12 Nov 2019
Examination Date: 29 Oct 2019
Project Presentation: 8 Nov 2019
Duration: 12 evenings
(10 Lectures + 1 week break + 2 Project Presentation sessions)
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST):
S$2,050.00 (without subsidy)
S$708.88 (with WTU funding support for eligible local participants*)
Refreshments will be provided.
*For more information on the funding requirement,
please refer to www.bca.gov.sg/manpower/wtu.html
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
Download Brochure Here
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.