Event code: 71015
Renovation for Public Housing
In order to conduct renovation work on HDB flats, the Registered Renovation Contractor (RRC) and its authorised persons must have successfully completed BCA’s “Renovation for Public Housing” course, and be listed in HDB’s Directory of Renovation Contractors (DRC). This is part of the requirement to be fulfilled for new HDB RRC application.
To improve the professionalism of the renovation industry, in particular for public housing through knowledge training.
PART (A) HDB RENOVATION GUIDELINES & CONDITIONS
Topic 1-HDB Directory of Renovation Contractors (DRC)
• Role of Registered Renovation Contractors
• Dos & Don’ts of Renovation Works
• Application of Renovation of Permit via Electronic Transaction (APEX)
Topic 2-Architectural Requirements
• Technical & Submission Requirements
Topic 3-Structural Requirements
• Types of HDB Buildings
• Submission Requirements & Permits
• Unauthorised Works
• Household Shelters
Topic 4-Electrical Requirements
• Guidelines for Electrical work
• Technical conditions
Topic 5-Mechanical Requirements
• Technical specifications
Topic 6-Precast Components
• Details & its awareness
• Types of Precast Components
Topic 7-Prefab Toilets
• Renovation guidelines
• Maintenance guidelines
PART (B) STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS, BUILDING MATERIALS & COMPONENTS
Topic 8-Building Regulations & Technical Requirements
• Technical Departments - Building & Construction Authority; Fire Safety & Shelter Bureau; SP Services;
PUB-Water; PUB-Sewerage & Sanitary & Piped Gas
• Submission Requirements
• Qualified Persons
• Guidelines & Procedures
Topic 9-Project Planning & Organisation
• Planning Techniques
• Monitoring & Evaluation of Works
• Responsibilities & Organisation Structure
• Renovation Contracts
Topic 10-Building Materials & Components
• Common Defects in renovation works
• Practical Considerations on achieving quality in renovation works
• Quality Benchmarks
Applicant must be proficient in English (reading, listening and speaking) or have acquired Level 3 or higher pass in English (Comprehensive/ Conversational) under the Workplace Literacy (WPL) programme.
Course notes will only be available in e-format.
Participant is strongly advised to print their own notes for the open book assessment.
ASSESSMENT & AWARD
Participant must attain at least 75% of attendance to be eligible to take the end-of-course written test. Those who pass the test will be awarded a Certificate of Successful Completion.
Any form of electronic devices cannot be used during assessment.
New HDB RRC application.
Course Date: 24 & 25 February 2020 (English)
Test (0.5hr) will be conducted at the end of each day.
Duration: 2 days
Time: 8.30am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$370.00*
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
Download Brochure Here
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 16) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 17) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.