Event code: 77070
This 3.5 days course will provide participants an understanding of the measurement and verification for water cooled chilled water plant system complying with Green Mark requirements, relevant guidelines and standards. Participants will learn the measurement and calibration requirements for chiller plants including instrumentation, measurement standards, uncertainty and traceability. Fundamentals of heat balance, common pitfalls and good practices will also be covered.
• Overview of Measurement and Verification (M&V)
- Green Mark’s requirements on Chiller Plant Performance M&V
• M&V Guidelines and Standards
• Chiller Plant M&V
- Impacts of Measurement Accuracy
- Instruments - Temperature, Flow and Power Measurements
- Data Analysis and Representation
- M&V Case Studies
• Measurement and Calibration Standards
- Measurement Standards, Uncertainty and Traceability
- Temperature Measurement
- Flow and Pressure Measurement
- Power Measurement
- Reading Calibration Report
• Fundamentals of Heat Balance
- Sources of Heat Inputs and Outputs
- Common Types of Chiller Plant Configuration
- Heat Balancing Substantiating Test
• Practice Session
• Site Visit
• MR LEE ENG LOCK is the Vice Chairman of Measurement and Verification Pte Ltd. He has extensive experience in conducting energy audits, retrofitting, designing and building energy efficient buildings and mechanical systems. Mr Lee is also the pioneer in accurate measurement and monitoring for mechanical plants.
• MR STEVEN KANG is the Business Development Director for Measurement & Verification Pte Ltd. Previously, he was the Business Development Director at Johnson Controls Inc where he spearheaded several energy solution initiatives.
• DR CHUA SZE WEY is the Deputy Director, Head of Electromagnetic Metrology Department at the National Metrology Centre (NMC) of A*STAR. Apart from overseeing the laboratory’s operation, he is also involved in the development, maintenance and dissemination of electromagnetic measurement standards.
• MR VICTOR TAN has vast experience in develop metrology facilities including primary temperature and humidity measurement standards, and has been conducting courses on basic metrology, temperature and humidity measurements for more than 20 years. He was previously Principal Metrologist from National Metrology Centre (NMC) and was the Chair of the SAC-SINGLAS technical committee from 2000 to 2016. He retired in August 2017 and is currently a freelance consultant
• DR LUO RONGMO is the Scientist at the Mechanical Cluster 2 of National Metrology Centre, A*STAR. He specializes in the liquid and gas fluid flow standards for calibration and liquid flow measurement for chilled plant. He is involved in the R&D on natural gas pipeline leakage detection, bunker fuel metering, multiphase flow measurement, and computational fluid dynamics.
• ER. YONG SIEW HWA is the Principal Manager with BCA in the Green Mark Department for Existing Buildings. Er. Yong is involved in the introduction of regulatory measures to improve the environmental sustainability standards of existing buildings.
• Engineers and building professionals intending to seek accreditation as Certified Green Mark Professional (GMP) or Green Mark Facilities Professional (GMFP) under BCA Green Mark Specialist Certification Scheme.(For more information regarding the GMP & GMFP certification scheme, please log on to www.bca.gov.sg/GreenMark/gm_manager.html)
• It is also relevant to Engineers, Project Managers, Energy Managers and Facility Managers working for Developers, Building Owners, M&E consultancy firms, ACMV contractor firms, ESCOs and other stakeholders involved in Green Mark projects who wish to know how to improve the reporting of chiller plant efficiency.
To fully benefit from this course, it is recommended that candidates have prior knowledge of air-conditioning design and/or operations.
ASSESSMENT AND AWARD
This course is assessment-based.
A Certificate of Successful Completion (CSC) will be issued to participants who:
i. Achieve at least 75% class
ii. Pass all the assessment(s)
19th Run : TBC
(Assessment on the last day)
Duration: 3.5 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
9.00am to 12.00pm (Assessment)
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$1,600
Lunches and refreshments will be provided.
PEB - Pending
Download Brochure & Application Form
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com