Event code: 73966
Up-to-date knowledge of local regulations and construction practices are key to the site supervisors especially the Resident Engineers (RE) and Resident Technical Officers (RTO) to deliver their duties diligently and effectively.
This course will provide site supervisors essential knowledge in the areas of regulatory requirements, safety regulations, environmental management at construction sites, code requirements on construction practices and site supervision. This course is also useful to engineers with foreign qualifications, and others who wish to be updated on local construction practices.
Building Control Requirements
• Building Plan Approval
• Permit to carry out structural works
• Supervision of building works
• Duties of responsibilities of Builders
• Duties and responsibilities of Qualified Persons
• Duties & Responsibilities of the Accredited Checker
• Duties and responsibilities of site supervisors
• Occupation of Building: CSC / TOP
• Requirements on Design and construction
• Prohibited Construction Materials
• BCA advisory notes
• Control and monitoring measures to safeguard adjacent properties
Safety Regulations and Environmental Management
• Safety Laws and Regulations
• Environmental Control at Construction Sites
Code Requirements on Structures Construction Supervision
• Reinforced Concrete Works using Eurocodes
• Steel Structures using Eurocode 3
• Foundation Engineering Practices
• Formwork Practices
• Case studies on failures of foundations / excavations / structures
Resident Engineers, Resident Technical Officers, Site/Project Engineers, Construction Managers
ASSESSMENT AND AWARD
This course involves assessment. A Certificate of Successful Completion (CSC) will be issued to participants who:
i. Achieve at least 75% class attendance; and
ii. Pass all the assessment(s)
WSH-CPD: 18 SDUs
IES-ACES: Pending (Structural)
30th Run: 27, 28 & 29 May 2019
Duration: 2.5 days (18 hours)
Time: 9am - 6pm (1st & 2nd Day)
9am -12.30pm (3rd Day)
Test will be conducted at the end of Day 1 and Day 3.
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$740.00
Refreshments will be provided.
To register, please log into our Online StoreFront (OSF) at
and search for course code 73966
Download Brochure Here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.