Event code: 79090
Under the Fire Safety Act 1993 and Fire Safety (Fire Safety Manager) Regulations 1994, it is mandatory for owners of designated buildings to appoint a Fire Safety Manager. Through the Fire Safety Manager, fire safety activities and fire prevention measures are also implemented to promote fire safety awareness among the building occupants. The aim of the course is to provide knowledge on fire safety, fire protection and fire-fighting facilities in order to perform the roles as a Fire Safety Manager.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
a) Explain the provisions of the Fire Safety Act and Regulations in Singapore
b) Describe the fundamentals and principles of fire safety design
c) Acquire knowledge on fire protection system and fire-fighting facilities
d) Understand the roles and responsibilities of Fire Safety Manager
• Basic Fire Science
• Formulation of Emergency Response Plan
• Fire Safety Act & Regulations
• Fire Safety Manager Scheme
• Fire Safety Committee
• Emergency Response Plan
• Evacuation Planning
• Automatic Fire Extinguishing Systems
• Enforcement Procedures
• Fire Extinguisher Theory
• Storage of Fire Hazardous Materials
• Company Emergency Response Team
• CERT Audit Requirements
• Fire Detection & Alarm Systems
• Smoke Control Systems
• Objectives of Fire Safety Design & Tactics
• Means of Escape
• Emergency Voice Communication Systems
• Fire Command Centre
• Incident Management
• Table-top Exercise
• Structural Fire Precautions
• FSM Annual Reports
• Arson Prevention Plan
• Maintenance of Fire Fighting & Protection Systems
• Building Inspection & Testing
MR IVAN SIN SIANG MENG obtained his Master of Science in Safety, Health and Environmental Technology from NUS in 2003 and Master of Business Administration from Murdoch University in 2012. As a certified emergency responder, planner and fire investigator, Ivan has more than 20 years of experience in occupational safety and health, focus in fire safety, emergency response, incident investigation, business continuity, disaster recovery, and crisis management with the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). Ivan is actively involved with several professional organizations such as the Society of Loss Prevention for Process Industries (SLP), Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE), Association of Company Emergency Response Team (ACERTS), and Workgroups of SRING Singapore Standards.
The course is relevant for all persons whose trade or occupation requires or includes fire safety activities, fire prevention measures and firefighting facilities in order to perform the role of Fire Safety Manager.
Applications should be accompanied by copies of at least 1 of the minimum entry requirements stated on SCDF website, please refer to www.scdf.gov.sg.
Successful applicants are required to bring their original certificates for verification during registration.
AWARD & ASSESSMENT
BCA Academy is an Accredited Training Institution of the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF). The Fire Safety Manager Certificate issued by BCA Academy is recognised by the SCDF for the Fire Safety Manager.
Participants who successfully pass all assessments and attend at least 80% of the course will be awarded the Fire Safety Manager Certificate.
Next Schedule: Please log into OSF for details
6.30pm to 9.30pm
9.00am to 12.00pm or 1.30pm to 4.30pm
6.00pm to 9.00pm
200 Braddell Road Singapore 579700
$1,400* (Incl. of GST)
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
*Skills Development Fund (SDF) funding is available for this course. To enjoy the SDF funding, companies are required to apply through SSG’s SkillsConnect system @ www.skillsconnect.gov.sg (terms and conditions may apply).
To register, please log into our Online StoreFront (OSF) at
and search for course code 79090
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org •
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.